Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

Not sure why, but tonight a lot of the NBC shows won't play, they try to start and then either just return to the menu or reboot the Roku. They fail immediately - nothing is ever displayed. I tried both the new Pod TV channel and the "old" separate channel. Same results for both. I did notice that they return to the menu under the 'old' separate channels and reboot the Roku under the new Pod TV channel. (In further tests, the Pod TV also just returned to the menu vs rebooting, so maybe no diff?)

I also tried watching the new NASA feeds. The SD feeds played OK, but did rebuffer once or twice. The HD feed also played OK. It rebuffered more frequently It took longer to start and rebuffer, of course. So the SD feeds were more watchable for me.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Bron" wrote:
Not sure why, but tonight a lot of the NBC shows won't play, they try to start and then either just return to the menu or reboot the Roku. They fail immediately - nothing is ever displayed. I tried both the new Pod TV channel and the "old" separate channel. Same results for both. I did notice that they return to the menu under the 'old' separate channels and reboot the Roku under the new Pod TV channel. (In further tests, the Pod TV also just returned to the menu vs rebooting, so maybe no diff?)

That's odd. I watched the first few min of Countdown tonight with no issues.

FYI... For you music lovers, I've added a few items to the Archive.org section. Live Music Archives of Blues Traveler, John Mayer, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Gourds.
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"nowhereman" wrote:
"Bron" wrote:

FYI... For you music lovers, I've added a few items to the Archive.org section. Live Music Archives of Blues Traveler, John Mayer, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Gourds.

Nowhereman - great choices in the archive...... A search capability would sure be interesting..........
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"DeftOne" wrote:
Just send me your credit card info...I'll make sure some money gets to NWM. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Thanks for the offer, but... :shock:
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also having trouble with NBC. Specifically Meet the Press and Nightly News. They get to about 14 minutes and then start to constantly re-buffer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nowhereman,Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!
Very much appreciated!!! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Grandpa" wrote:
I'm also having trouble with NBC. Specifically Meet the Press and Nightly News. They get to about 14 minutes and then start to constantly re-buffer.

this is a known problem with the box. a Roku employee addressed it earlier in this thread.
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

NWM: Wanted to put in a plug for adding a "live" (OK, it is time shifted 60+ years <grin>) OTR feed that our family greatly enjoys. Would be very convenient if this could be added to your channel.

Website - http://radio.macinmind.com
MP3 Stream (off their homepage): http://lin2.ash.fast-serv.com:9022/listen.pls

Thanks.

Wayne
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've been trying to add PodTV(I love the clutter free all in one model!) It shows up under "My Channels", but when I select "go to channel" it shows for a moment then disappears and defaults back to the channel store icon. Any suggestions? Do I need to remove the individual channels first?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"dellsweig" wrote:
"nowhereman" wrote:
"Bron" wrote:

Which date? Were they the 3-10 shows? I tried them shortly after midnight. Then 3-9 shows played fine for me.
0 Kudos