Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
butters
Level 7

Re: Nowhere TV

Was CNN International just reciently geo locked? It was working 2 days ago. Time to switch everything to US VPN (I'm in Canada).
0 Kudos
deadvolvo1
Level 7

CCTV, CCTV News, Euronews, DW Europe, and Ukraine Today not working either.

Furthermore, Al Jazeera and CNBC Europe appear to have been removed. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
bitsnbytes
Level 7

Here (US/MA), these are out as of today:
BBC streams,
CCTV and CCTV News,
CNC World,
eNCA,
euronews [has its own Roku channels with clips],
RTVe1,
Canal 24H (RTVe),
Telemadrid,
Ukraine Today,
VOXAfrica,
Al Sharqiya TV, and
CNN International

Working:
the DW streams,
France 24,
i24,
NDTV,
NHK World,
RTE News,
RTVe2,
Al Sharqiya News,
Canal Sur
0 Kudos
nowhere92647
Level 7

CNBC Euorpe now missing from lineup ;(
0 Kudos
Desert_Dingo
Level 7

"butters" wrote:
Was CNN International just reciently geo locked? It was working 2 days ago. Time to switch everything to US VPN (I'm in Canada).

Same for me, in USA. Where are you mr.nowhere man? Are you switching everything to 'paid subs'?

Thanks for any info. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
vansmack
Level 7

Im requesting KXRM-TV Colorado Springs FOX21.

Thanks ahead of time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
john262
Level 7

"Desert Dingo" wrote:
"butters" wrote:

Same for me, in USA. Where are you mr.nowhere man? Are you switching everything to 'paid subs'?

Thanks for any info. Smiley Sad

I don't think it's his fault. Sometimes the providers take their streams down and there is nothing he can do about it. A couple of those same channels stopped working on Channel Pear as well.
0 Kudos
emran_198
Level 7

Nowhere TV channel, CNN, BBC and AL Jazeera are down since yesterday in Canada. Is it blocked by provider ?
Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
somebody
Level 9

BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN Internatinol, Euronews have all been unavailable the last few days.

That's not really too unusual. Sometimes those just didn't work but Al Jazeera AND CNN International have completely disapperared. Smiley Sad (forwny face) - not that CNN is any great loss, but AJE is gone too? It was the one news broadcast that I could fall asleep to!!

Sure, I might hear the same AJ Newshour numerous times while I dozed, but they don't have anoying commercials like the others.

I always wondered how this works.....you didn't really get permission from all those sources you retransmit - or perhaps just connect us to via your Roku channel, did you Nowhereman?

I know Al Jazeera caused quite a kerfuffle in the US when they launched AJ America. Apparently we weren't supposed to be allowed to watch AJE after that, but AJA is filled with horrid commercials although the news content is very similar to AJE. You can't even watch AJE on the internet anymore if it thnks you're in the US. You get redirected to AJA.

I cannot fall asleep if they're playing some commercial every 10 minutes telling me I'm dying of mesothemeola or that I shoudl invest in gold or whatnot.

Anyway, much respect Nowhere - I would donate, but I'm pretty sure you just made this available for your own amusement - and besides I am poor right now.

I will miss Al Jazeera. Seriously, I would put it on for background ambience most of the day and into the night while I slept

CNN will NOT be missed.
0 Kudos
Sulla
Level 7

BBC is still available in North America on FilmOn.
Click "LIVE" then on the "UK LIVE TV" icon.
0 Kudos