Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"1surfer" wrote:
"Village Idiot" wrote:
It should be noted that the code for NBC is HN08S with the O being a ZERO instead of the letter O.
Please in the future don't use the numbers - ZERO'S - ONES - Letters - i - L - O they can be confusing.

I put this nbc code in on the Roku site and it says its not valid.

Probably because the content owner (NBC) did not write or approve the channel and Roku pulled it as it violated the Roku terms of service.
0 Kudos
mastermesh
Level 7

Re: Nowhere TV

"castalla" wrote:

Not really - iPlayer is only available within the UK - so the USA is not being especially discriminated against. If I recall correctly, BBC World is a satellite only channel, and BBC News is a UK-only channel.
in ancient days it was said you could proxy in to England to get bbc player to work outside of the UK but not sure that still works or not... Now that Dr. Who is on Netflix, not worth the trouble imho, lol.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"1surfer" wrote:
"Village Idiot" wrote:
It should be noted that the code for NBC is HN08S with the O being a ZERO instead of the letter O.
Please in the future don't use the numbers - ZERO'S - ONES - Letters - i - L - O they can be confusing.

I put this nbc code in on the Roku site and it says its not valid.

Probably because the content owner (NBC) did not write or approve the channel and Roku pulled it as it violated the Roku terms of service.

It was also 3.5 years ago, before the various separate channels were combined into one.
0 Kudos
castalla
Level 7

"mastermesh" wrote:
"castalla" wrote:

Not really - iPlayer is only available within the UK - so the USA is not being especially discriminated against. If I recall correctly, BBC World is a satellite only channel, and BBC News is a UK-only channel.
in ancient days it was said you could proxy in to England to get bbc player to work outside of the UK but not sure that still works or not... Now that Dr. Who is on Netflix, not worth the trouble imho, lol.

Only if you think Dr Who is the only BBC production worth watching! lol.
0 Kudos
cahallus
Level 7

RokuChris,
Is it possible to add the Utah news channels KSL 5,KUTV 2, and KTVX 4? Also, with the Utah Fox 13 news channel when I go to bring it up it won't load, what would cause this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
streamerbox
Level 7

Over the past month or so, BBC News and Al Jazerra have been virtually unwatchable on NowhereTV. You can hardly go for 60 secs without enduring 15 secs of buffering. I cant seem to find either of these channels anywhere else. Just to rule out my set up, is everyone else experiencing the same issues with these 2 channels?
0 Kudos
Buckeye911
Level 7

"streamerbox" wrote:
Over the past month or so, BBC News and Al Jazerra have been virtually unwatchable on NowhereTV. You can hardly go for 60 secs without enduring 15 secs of buffering. I cant seem to find either of these channels anywhere else. Just to rule out my set up, is everyone else experiencing the same issues with these 2 channels?

This has been happening to me occasionally on BBC News but Al Jazeera English has been rock solid for me.
0 Kudos
theoldguy
Level 7

BBC news is normal, that is bandwidth is occasionally flaky. Keep the remote in hand and push ok when it drops the link. It comes back for me fairly quickly, and most of the time is ok and stable.

Perhaps you have problem at your end. It is not buffering in my view
0 Kudos
streamerbox
Level 7

I have routed my Roku through 3 separate paths to get on the internet (all different providers) and all exhibit the same behavior. Constant buffering on Al Jazerra and the BBC. Doubt the issue is on my side. Not sure why some of you guys have a solid Al Jazerra while mine is just unwatchable. No other channel i watch buffers (be it on Nowhere TV or else where).
0 Kudos
knuckle
Level 7

Hi,

I use centurylink with my DNS set to google 8.8.4.4 and both are pretty solid here -- Al Jazeera may rebuffer once quickly in a two hour period but totally watchable
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos