Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
snowseff
Level 8

Re: Nowhere TV

In the past, you've had the US Open (tennis) up? Any chance you might be able to link to this year's tournament.

thanks
0 Kudos
theoldguy
Level 7

we are having all kinds of problems with the BBC News Channel. It has been consistently flaky for some days; dropping the link completely and randomly for any session. I needed the remote in hand in order to reconnect constantly over the past week and now. No Sound. Or rather the sound is on when connecting and then immediately goes away. This it seems is also true for the other UK based news channels on Nowhere tv. The same occurred with SKY news. No sound I mean. So I think the problem, whatever it is may be more widespread than only BBC News. I tried some other channels on the news lists and did have sound so I hope the prob is not of my making.

So over to you Chris and I hope a fix is not too far off.
0 Kudos
bugalugs
Level 7

"RokuChris" wrote:
"ak66" wrote:
Is it possible to add the following live TV stream from Skai TV (a greek TV station) to the international section?

Done

Hi This channel seems to have disappeared?

http://www.skai.gr/player/tvlive/

Any suggestions?

Hi, Please restore this channel.
0 Kudos
danep
Level 8

Hi all- I just got a Roku 3 and installed Nowhere TV, and was thrilled at how easy the whole process was. I will definitely be donating!

There's just one feature that seems to be missing - integration with Roku search. For instance, if I search for "Project Runway" from the Roku home screen, it will show results from Amazon and Vudu, but not from Nowhere TV. However, searching for it from within Nowhere TV works fine.

I saw some earlier discussion about this not being allowed on earlier models, but I'm guessing it should be possible on Roku 3?
0 Kudos

Is there no way to get on Nowhere TV the regular C-SPAN2 Book TV videos[/url:382f56mu]? I know that the Most Recent[/url:382f56mu] videos are currently available on Nowhere TV's C-SPAN under Government, b...regular SPAN2 Book TV video URL[/url:382f56mu] through Nowhere Man's Is It Nowhere?[/url:382f56mu] and, as expected, it came up as, "No. This URL does not point to a val...Most Recent URL[/url:382f56mu] through it, too, and we know that it currently plays on Nowhere TV, s...
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

R.I.P. Roku XD|S (2100), Feb 2011–Apr 2016
0 Kudos
chuckd38
Level 7

Hey, Nowhereman, I have been looking at Skitter.TV. Sounds great but is not available in my town, Phoenix, AZ. Could you make it work in my town? The Skitter people use a local hdtv antenna and hook it up to a roku app. What do you think.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"Schmye Bubbula" wrote:
What's confusing me is that I ran a regular SPAN2 Book TV video URL[/url:23ziprbe] through Nowhere Man's Is It Nowhere?[/url:23ziprbe] and, as expected, it came up as, "No. This URL does not point to a val...Most Recent URL[/url:23ziprbe] through it, too, and we know that it currently plays on Nowhere TV,

MRSS (http://www.rssboard.org/media-rss) is the only format supported for user-added content. It is not the only format supported by the channel.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26363&p=400243#p400243
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26363&p=362535#p362535
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26363&p=362355#p362355

"Schmye Bubbula" wrote:
Could we get a definitive answer on this from Nowhere Man?

There are no definitive answers. Content availability changes constantly and things are added and removed from Nowhere TV often. What may be true today about a piece of content may not be true tomorrow. One of the reasons it's a free, private channel.
0 Kudos

So is that a yes or a no?
OK, I read your links, so now I comprehend that the "Is It Nowhere?" tool is intended to test for user-added content, but my only point was to ask whether the permanent Book TV videos are able to be added to Nowhere TV. Why is there no definitive answer? Can't you just go to the C-SPAN2 website and see if they're compatible for a regular Nowhere TV item? (Apologies in advance if I've missed your point.)
– –
Roku 3 (4200) purchased for $22.93 on clearance at Office Depot > Bleiden HDMI-to-Composite converter > old 4:3 CRT TV (now in another room, as I have acquired a modern LCD flat screen TV, March 2017)

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"Schmye Bubbula" wrote:
So is that a yes or a no?
OK, I read your links, so now I comprehend that the "Is It Nowhere?" tool is intended to test for user-added content, but my only point was to ask whether the permanent Book TV videos are able to be added to Nowhere TV. Why is there no definitive answer? Can't you just go to the C-SPAN2 website and see if they're compatible for a regular Nowhere TV item? (Apologies in advance if I've missed your point.)

No, I can't. There's a lot more to it than just looking at a website. Video being encoded in a compatible way is not enough. We also need the metadata (list of videos, URLs, thumbnails, air dates, descriptions, runtimes, etc) to be delivered in a machine readable way. That's where MRSS feeds and other APIs come in.

At first glance, videos on booktv.org are not compatible. In fact, most video you see in your web browser is not compatible because it's displayed in a flash player. That's also where MRSS and APIs help out sometimes.

But all that doesn't mean that tomorrow I or someone else won't stumble onto new information that makes these statements obsolete and allows access to that content.
0 Kudos

Thanks, RokuChris, that clears up a lot. I had no idea!
– –

0 Kudos