Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Nowhere TV

Why were the New Orleans, LA "Local" channels deleted (WWL (Ch. 4) and WDSU (Ch. 6)?

If these channels are not conducive with Roku, would it be possible to add WGNO (Ch. 26)?

http://www.abc26.com/videogallery/

Stephen
Metairie, LA
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"mjpm" wrote:
http://www.tvland.com/full-episodes

Would this offering from TV Land be a possibility?

From TV Land site:
At this time we only offer video in Adobe Flash video format, which is not compatible with the iPad. We hope to offer a iPad viewing experience in the near future. Please check back for updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
current: two roku XDS 2xs, dtvpal, boxeebox, kylo.tv,
radar: wdlxtv.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I missed that. Thanks.
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just wanted to thank you, Nowhere man, for your wonderful channel. In particular I noticed that several RTVE.es channels have been added. Has Christmas come early this year?

Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nowhere Man, would it be possible to add full episodes of CONAN to your wonderful page?
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

C-SPAN (1, 2, and 3) is no longer working in NowhereTV. The metadata is updating with current shows etc, but nothing will play on either my R1 or R2 units. Did C-SPAN move their feeds?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I so love this channel and deeply appreciate all of the effort that you have put into it. Lately, however, my Roku box has completely frozen when trying to enter the Nowhere TV app. It doesn't happen every single time, but has happened about 3-4 times in the past couple of weeks. The entire thing just freezes and I have to unplug my Roku to reset it. Seems to only happen when trying to enter this channel. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"LaLa" wrote:
I so love this channel and deeply appreciate all of the effort that you have put into it. Lately, however, my Roku box has completely frozen when trying to enter the Nowhere TV app. It doesn't happen every single time, but has happened about 3-4 times in the past couple of weeks. The entire thing just freezes and I have to unplug my Roku to reset it. Seems to only happen when trying to enter this channel. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!

Perhaps you have too many other regular channels, and are having a memory issue? The advice is if you have a Roku1, 20-30 channels should be all you should install. Roku2's limitation is higher (and you can always add a SD chip to help there as well)...

Just a stab in the dark - I don't write apps but I read a lot around here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"krisbee" wrote:

Perhaps you have too many other regular channels, and are having a memory issue? The advice is if you have a Roku1, 20-30 channels should be all you should install. Roku2's limitation is higher (and you can always add a SD chip to help there as well)...

Just a stab in the dark - I don't write apps but I read a lot around here.

Hmm, that's a thought. I can't understand why it would only happen on this particular channel, though. Don't know if it does it on our first Roku (XD), which I know has limited space, but it has happened a few times on our Roku 2 and, just this morning, it happened on the Roku LT that I just purchased last week.

Will delete a few channels and see what happens.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It seems like everyone has a favorite they are wanting to see on the Nowhere TV... So here is mine...

Jonesboro Arkansas channel 8 is here at

http://www.kait8.com/

I would love to see my hometown news on a real TV again!
0 Kudos