Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Nowhere TV

Not Nowhere TV... what you want to do is use Plex, Chaneru, Roksbox, MyMedia - those are third party channels with very small or no charge to setup a channel on your Roku that will look at your computer and play the files from the computer to your Roku. You will have to transcode the TV recorded streams first (some try transcode on the fly, but it depends on your speed of your computer if you can actually do that). Search around on here or on the web for those options. If you had an EyeTV, there is a private channel that hooks up with that for you Mac users (jealous about that).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
Not Nowhere TV... what you want to do is use Plex, Chaneru, Roksbox, MyMedia - those are third party channels with very small or no charge to setup a channel on your Roku that will look at your computer and play the files from the computer to your Roku. You will have to transcode the TV recorded streams first (some try transcode on the fly, but it depends on your speed of your computer if you can actually do that). Search around on here or on the web for those options. If you had an EyeTV, there is a private channel that hooks up with that for you Mac users (jealous about that).

For streaming, I have an Apple TV 2. I'm really looking for a more integrated solution. It seems the EyeTV HD or 250 Plus are the best solutions (hardware video encoding) for me. Now I just need to find one at a reasonable price. Any recommendations?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"sfish" wrote:
"krisbee" wrote:

For streaming, I have an Apple TV 2. I'm really looking for a more integrated solution. It seems the EyeTV HD or 250 Plus are the best solutions (hardware video encoding) for me. Now I just need to find one at a reasonable price. Any recommendations?

there is an eyeTV thread here on the Roku forums. I can't be positive but I do remember seeing talk about eyeTV's resolution was optimized for mobile devices, not TVs. If that's the case, I don't know if that would be a problem for you

edit: from that thread--

"RokuChris" wrote:
"-LD" wrote:
Do you know if it's possible to increase the quality of the stream? The channel itself works great, but the quality from EyeTV is quite low. I am wondering if there might be a setting on the EyeTV side that could force a higher quality stream.

It's a feature targeted at 4" screens, so don't expect much. According to their website, you can improve the live streaming by using their hardware encoding device (http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmen ... t2.en.html). I have the original Turbo.264 and it's definitely worth the investment if you export a lot of recordings.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm really looking to watch CBS (and some PBS not on Hulu+) with access to back episodes of a few shows... nothing too elaborate or in need of the finest resolution. I already have the TubeStick, so I might just encode those videos and either watch via the AppleTV or put them on a thumb drive and pop them into the XS. Direct integration and automation is definitely nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost right now. Hmmmm... Decisions, decisions.

BTW: Thanks for the helpful responses!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,
I am new to ROKU and enjoying the "nowheremanTV" app on it.
Is it possible for you to add the following web site, "http://www.livetvchannelsfree.in/" , that has some free indian channel streaming, to your app.
Thank you very much.
Rp
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"sensrhps" wrote:
"nowhereman" wrote:
Someone asked me yesterday about the possibility of playing ShoutCast streams on the box. That got me to thinking about internet radio in general and, as it turns out, it can be done with my existing channel code. As a first step, I added a handful of live streams to the NPR channel. Enjoy!

GREAT JOB on the live NPR streams! you knew this was coming, but i was wondering if you could add KSKA.org (Public Radio Alaska), WHYY.org (Public Radio Philadelphia) and KERA.org (Public Radio Dallas) to the list? You are bringing the channels to a whole new level. Thanks for your hard work!

I recently installed my roku and nowhere tv thereon. I'm greatly enjoying the live streaming of KERA 90.1 radio from DFW, I was wondering if it would be possible to also have KERA's sister station KKXT 91.7, a music station but also an NPR afilliate, added to the list? They can be found at kxt.org.

Many thanks for the great channel! My family and I enjoy it greatly!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The CNN State of the Union video podcast has seemingly been discontinued as of Sept. 4.

Thee now only seems to be an audio podcast available -- http://rss.cnn.com/services/podcasting/ ... on/rss.xml
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Awesome channel, perhaps one of my favorites. Was wondering if you took requests: would you be able to add any of these live streams from this site:
http://www.thertv.eu/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm new to Roku, but I just gotta say... Awesome! It represents an incredible effort on your part and you've assembled a fantastic lineup of channels. I've got same day "Rachel Maddow Show" and my wife's got the "Lifetime Movie Network" (if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy). Thank you, thank you, thank you. One comment... I told Momma that "HGTV" was listed on your website as an available channel, however, once I select the "Nowhere TV" channel on the Roku box, I don't see "HGTV" when I scroll through the offerings in the "Home & Garden" section. I presume that's because the HGTV network has requested that private channels cease streaming it. If that's the case, then perhaps you may want to remove it from your "What's on Nowhere TV?" page.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I haven't read all of this thread but love this channel.

I would love to see the local news in Shreveport, LA added here. KTBS and KSLA have streaming video that I can get with my Android phone or iPad but I would like to have them on my Roku as well.

Whether this can happen or not, I give Rokus to many of my friends and always tell them to be sure to add Nowhere TV to their channel list.
0 Kudos