Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Nowhere TV

"ufoundet" wrote:
May I request a channel? I would love to see channel 12, in Flint Michigan, added to the local news channels.

Done
0 Kudos
ufoundet
Level 7

May I request a channel? I would love to see channel 12, in Flint Michigan, added to the local news channels.

Done

RokuChris

Thank you so Much. You floored me with the speed by which you granted my request. You Rok(u)!
0 Kudos
sj3vans
Level 7

I'm new to Roku and was looking for a way to watch F ootball on Thursday via my Roku. So far, I have not found anything that looks promising until I happened upon Nowhere TV. I just loaded the channel but I'm not clear on whether it will carry the live games on Thanksgiving. Do you know if they will be shown on one of the channels or would they be blocked? I snipped "the cable" and only have internet for our TV watching. Netflix and Hulu have been sufficient for most of our watching. I pay $4/month for live s occer on Roku but see no option for f ootball. I could try to get OTA but we're out in the boonies. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them (although you should probably send a personal note to keep this thread focused) Thanks!
0 Kudos
Buckeye911
Level 7

"sj3vans" wrote:
I'm new to Roku and was looking for a way to watch F ootball on Thursday via my Roku. So far, I have not found anything that looks promising until I happened upon Nowhere TV. I just loaded the channel but I'm not clear on whether it will carry the live games on Thanksgiving. Do you know if they will be shown on one of the channels or would they be blocked? I snipped "the cable" and only have internet for our TV watching. Netflix and Hulu have been sufficient for most of our watching. I pay $4/month for live s occer on Roku but see no option for f ootball. I could try to get OTA but we're out in the boonies. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate them (although you should probably send a personal note to keep this thread focused) Thanks!

There is no legal way to watch NFL games live on the Roku. You can buy an NFL package to stream the games on a PS3 but it's a little expensive. You can try adding USTVnow but it's only supposed to work outside the United States. I added it when I was in Thailand and have used it there as well as in Japan and Canada but it works for me here too, it's nice to watch some American TV while abroad. You can get some free local channels from Lancaster, PA. You get Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, CW and myTV for free and can purchase a subscription to more channels as well.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 8

"sj3vans" wrote:
I pay $4/month for live s occer on Roku but see no option for f ootball. I could try to get OTA but we're out in the boonies.

OTA is your best bet. I'm 40 miles away from the nearest broadcast tower, but I get 10 channels on a 16" square amplified outdoor antenna.
Go here http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx and enter your address and it will tell you what kind of antenna you need, where the towers are, and what stations you can expect to receive.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
n8voelz
Level 7

me three what is going on?
0 Kudos
sj3vans
Level 7

Well, I thought I would report on how my search for live football went. Unfortunately, I didn't find any live football on Nowhere TV over thanksgiving. However, I bought a $80 set-top antenna and I now have 17 beautiful digital channels with about half in HD. The games looked fantastic and everyone was happy! Between OTA and Roku (along with Netflix, Hulu Plus, MLS, and Nowhere TV) I don't feel like I'm missing anything from cable/SAT.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 8

Welcome to the OTA club. Glad it worked for you.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
vajrakila
Level 7

new channel request: http://mydocumentarys.com/
0 Kudos
rokewl
Level 7

I like the addition of the "Newest" row!
0 Kudos