Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nowhere TV

Just wanted to say thanks for adding DW-TV! Awesome addition. Another great live English-language news channel.

One suggestion: I would prefer it if favorites took me straight to the content instead of the more info page. It would reduce the number of clicks needed to start a live stream.
0 Kudos
mastermesh
Level 7

Nice work. Great Channel!
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"j653" wrote:
One suggestion: I would prefer it if favorites took me straight to the content instead of the more info page. It would reduce the number of clicks needed to start a live stream.

But then you would lose access to the "remove from favorites" button. And the sleep timer and whatever other options might be added someday.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cbojar
Level 7

Nowhere TV really fills the void for me with the Roku getting some of that extra content, like adult swim, that puts this player over the top. Just wanted to let you know that all your hard work is appreciated.

I'd love to see the local news stations split off into their own channel, something like Roku Newscaster Local maybe. Of course I'd also like to see more local news stations on there, but that's really more an issue with those stations and not the channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
krisbee
Level 7

I also love this channel and it is actually used more than netflix.

I do find the grid a bit daunting - the justintv's channel categories, favorites, and search might be helpful - but, that is just me dreaming. I am a huge fan, and am very grateful that it exists, and that there is so much content added even after it has been up for so long.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cavalierex
Level 7

I really love this channel. Thanks for all your hard work!!!
Any chance you could add EWTN and the Italian RAI channels? (I posted a link to feeds above.) I hope you are able to add these. Thanks so much for your hard work -- we really appreciate your effort.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
LaLa
Level 8

We bought Roku primarily for streaming Netflix. What I've found, however, is that I now watch so many other channels on Roku, especially NowhereTV, far more than I watch Netflix. Every morning, I log into NowhereTV to listen to one of Dr. Stanley's daily devotionals and at some point during the day, I catch up with entertainment news on TMZ and national news on CNN (both of which are found in the Nowhere channel). So far, I'd have to say that NowhereTV is one of the best features of Roku.

I'm no techie and I have no idea how these things work, but is it possible to add The View (which streams on ABC's site), The Mo'Nique Show (streams on BET's site) or the Wendy Williams show (not sure if it streams, but throwing it in just in case) to the NowhereTV channel?

I'd also love to one day see Bravo's Real Housewives franchises on Nowhere TV (or just on Roku period).

Thank you so much for establishing this channel. It really has so much to offer and I'm so pleased to have found it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jammer232001
Level 7

hey wasnt sure if u can put these on there would be cool streaming video http://www.mobiletv.net/ would be great if cable goes out
0 Kudos
Highlighted
klpv82
Level 7

I just installed my Roku about an hour ago. I came across Nowhere TV while looking for live broadcasts of Fox Soccer Channel. I noticed that the next live broadcast of FSC is on 8/13 (according to the channel). I'm still new to using the Roku, so is it that the owner of the channel decides when to broadcast? I was hoping to watch the LA Galaxy game on FSC through the Roku tonight. Will the channel just start playing when it's game time. Cause I read somewhere that only games will be broadcast, not news/reports on FSC.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"klpv82" wrote:
I just installed my Roku about an hour ago. I came across Nowhere TV while looking for live broadcasts of Fox Soccer Channel. I noticed that the next live broadcast of FSC is on 8/13 (according to the channel). I'm still new to using the Roku, so is it that the owner of the channel decides when to broadcast? I was hoping to watch the LA Galaxy game on FSC through the Roku tonight. Will the channel just start playing when it's game time. Cause I read somewhere that only games will be broadcast, not news/reports on FSC.
Thanks

Nowhere TV only carries Premier League games.
0 Kudos