Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Pod TV

Whoa the Today show works. *thumbs up*
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

...and they're playing the whole program, not buffer-looping at 14 or 28 mins. Nowhereman, can you tell us what changed?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"kc8pql" wrote:
...and they're playing the whole program, not buffer-looping at 14 or 28 mins. Nowhereman, can you tell us what changed?

I wasn't aware the stuff was playing all the way through now. That's good news, but I'm not entirely sure why that would be.

Basically, the box doesn't always properly resolve redirected URLs. This is something I came across a while back when I was first trying to get CNET content to work. I'm now applying the same work around to the MSNBC content.
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Religion Channel

I thought the idea for this channel was interesting but when scrolling though the channels I noticed I had to go by a bunch of LDS channels.
So what I thought was it would be nice to have the religions in sub-channels so if I am LDS I can go to the LDS channel, Catholics can go to the christian channels , Pagans to the Pagan channels, and so on.
You could have a Misc sub-channel for those feeds that don't quite fit into a major religious category.

To keep folks happy you would probably have to host a personal feeds channel to make a 'Religious' channel viable on a public machine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I like this idea.
This would be an awesome channel for the contest.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

BYUtv

I couldn't talk you into getting the BYUtv stream into the Pod, could I?

www.byutv.org.
4200R [Roku 3]

Formerly:
3100X [Roku 2 XS]
2050X [Roku XD]

42" VIZIO via HDMI @ 1080p
Comcast 20Mbit
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Also, TBS.com has RSS feeds -- is it possible to get a channel for this?
4200R [Roku 3]

Formerly:
3100X [Roku 2 XS]
2050X [Roku XD]

Comcast 20Mbit
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"shdware" wrote:
Also, TBS.com has RSS feeds -- is it possible to get a channel for this?

If you mean these RSS feeds (http://www.tbs.com/rss/), they are not podcasts and don't contain any playable media. Well, one of them is a podcast, but it only contains 2 audio files from 2005. As discussed earlier in the thread, not all RSS feeds are podcasts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That makes sense. Sorry, I'm a bit new to this.

Is BYUtv the same way?
4200R [Roku 3]

Formerly:
3100X [Roku 2 XS]
2050X [Roku XD]

Comcast 20Mbit
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just a quick question. I had looked at the channel a few months ago, but not recently. I just added it back after getting a new Roku. When was this Netflix like interface added. And is the code proprietary or available?
0 Kudos