Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dvo01
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

One channel to rule them all.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
philsoft
Level 8

"dvo01" wrote:
One channel to rule them all.

One Box to bind them Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
KLTARBOX
Level 7

"nowhereman" wrote:
"rmilner" wrote:
I too would like to say thank you.
I would like to suggest of breaking this into a group project. Say a few people were to research a certain area and find links to material and a smaller more technical group would review this material and find out if it is in the right format and then those people could forward that onto nowhereman in the way that would make it easier for him to create or add to his channels. This is just a suggestion.

Before I start coding it.... what would everyone think if I combined all this stuff into one channel? I have a sketch of an idea that involves a category bar across the top of the main screen which would list the various "networks". Once you navigated to one of those categories, the channel would behave the same way the current ones do. This way you only have to install one channel, there's less clutter on your launch screen, there's less code for me to maintain, and it makes a scheme like rmilner describes a bit easier to implement.

I'm also starting to feel like we're duplicating the MediaFly channel in a lot of ways. I'm curious what people think are the most compelling reasons to use my channels rather then MediaFly or vice versa?

Sounds like a great idea.
All Devices are set up as wireless.(1 & 2 are via composite, 3 & 4 via HDMI to HDTV)
Roku1(BR) Serial: 20F875027516
Roku2(KR) Serial: H0A076000067
Roku3 (LR) Serial: K0A0A0030142
Roku4(BR2) Serial: 12A148000058
0 Kudos
Highlighted
trksh22
Level 7

"nowhereman" wrote:

I'm also starting to feel like we're duplicating the MediaFly channel in a lot of ways. I'm curious what people think are the most compelling reasons to use my channels rather then MediaFly or vice versa?

For me, I know MediaFly didn't work for me, your channel does. You are active in adding channels and you listen to what people are asking. You also tell us up front whether or not a channel will work, rather than us getting a loop on the Roku, or having a video start then shut down a few seconds later. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcmolet
Level 7

"nowhereman" wrote:
Before I start coding it.... what would everyone think if I combined all this stuff into one channel? I have a sketch of an idea that involves a category bar across the top of the main screen which would list the various "networks". Once you navigated to one of those categories, the channel would behave the same way the current ones do. This way you only have to install one channel, there's less clutter on your launch screen, there's less code for me to maintain, and it makes a scheme like rmilner describes a bit easier to implement.

I think it is a great idea.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
markens
Level 7

"nowhereman" wrote:
"BoloMKXXVIII" wrote:
NWM,
I was on your web site and the only way I see to donate is with PayPal. I do not have a PayPal account but would like to make a donation. Are there any other options?
Thank you.

I'm afraid not. The sentiment is more than enough though Smiley Very Happy

It's very easy to use a credit card to make a payment via paypal without the need to have a paypal account. Scroll to the bottom of the first paypal page you arrive at, and look for the link to proceed without an account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 12

Just donated-- a job well done!! Keep it up and I'm gonna donate again!
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
techn0lizard
Level 7

NWM Smiley Wink thank you for all your hard work. Had a chance to poke around the Archive channel, and I love it. Keep up the good work.
Very funny Scotty now beam down my pants!!!!
0 Kudos
Saqqara
Level 7

Not sure I like the monolithic idea as much as individual channels, personally; while the primary advantage is indeed that you've curated content for us that works, I kind of like not having to drill down through several layers. Also, I like the "Roku has 100 channels" concept which may help market the platform.

I do think that lumping similar channels together is a good idea; NPR, PRI, APM = Public Radio.

Whatever direction you take is fine with me. Great stuff.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
KennyJ
Level 7

"Saqqara" wrote:

I do think that lumping similar channels together is a good idea; NPR, PRI, APM = Public Radio.

I think this makes more sense...

And perhaps "TV Podcasts" to mix all the ABC, NBC, etc. podcasts under 1 channel.
0 Kudos