Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"dellsweig" wrote:
"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
Hey Chris,

The Grateful Dead content on the internetarchive.org web site is great. I would not have know about this web site without your Roku Channel and have been able to download and/or record streams of a ton of shows I was at in the 80s, with date and track meta data all organized instantly in iTunes; they're all pretty good audio quality too.

Wow, great find for me - THANKS SO MUCH!


Not to Hijack the thread - BUT the real gems on Archive.org's dead library are the soundboards - thousands of them, Most (the ones not commercially released) are only available in streams.

Grab a copy of a program called RM DOWNLOADER. You feed it the stream and it downloads and splits out MP3 formatted.

BTW: archive streams play great on the iphone Smiley Happy


Hey Dell, yeah I was blown away by how many shows are there. They're all listed chronologically, I'm downloading the fall EastCoast '85 tour I was on. I'll see if the software you suggest will work on my Mac, which would save me from having to records the Soundboards/streams, lol. Thanks
Motorola 6121 Modem>Linksys E1000 Router wired to>
Roku Model: Roku 2 XS - 13A17HO52395
Audio/Video: Sony BX420, 40", Stereo, Panasonic GT50, Digital Audio Out
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
"dellsweig" wrote:
"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
Hey Chris,

The Grateful Dead content on the internetarchive.org web site is great. I would not have know about this web site without your Roku Channel and have been able to download and/or record streams of a ton of shows I was at in the 80s, with date and track meta data all organized instantly in iTunes; they're all pretty good audio quality too.

Wow, great find for me - THANKS SO MUCH!


Not to Hijack the thread - BUT the real gems on Archive.org's dead library are the soundboards - thousands of them, Most (the ones not commercially released) are only available in streams.

Grab a copy of a program called RM DOWNLOADER. You feed it the stream and it downloads and splits out MP3 formatted.

BTW: archive streams play great on the iphone Smiley Happy


Hey Dell, yeah I was blown away by how many shows are there. They're all listed chronologically, I'm downloading the fall EastCoast '85 tour I was on. I'll see if the software you suggest will work on my Mac, which would save me from having to records the Soundboards/streams, lol. Thanks


Of course RM is Wintel only, I knew it would be to good to be true. I bet there's a Apple equivalent though. Any info on that?
Motorola 6121 Modem>Linksys E1000 Router wired to>
Roku Model: Roku 2 XS - 13A17HO52395
Audio/Video: Sony BX420, 40", Stereo, Panasonic GT50, Digital Audio Out
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
"dellsweig" wrote:
"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
Hey Chris,


Not to Hijack the thread - BUT the real gems on Archive.org's dead library are the soundboards - thousands of them, Most (the ones not commercially released) are only available in streams.

Grab a copy of a program called RM DOWNLOADER. You feed it the stream and it downloads and splits out MP3 formatted.

BTW: archive streams play great on the iphone Smiley Happy


Hey Dell, yeah I was blown away by how many shows are there. They're all listed chronologically, I'm downloading the fall EastCoast '85 tour I was on. I'll see if the software you suggest will work on my Mac, which would save me from having to records the Soundboards/streams, lol. Thanks


Of course RM is Wintel only, I knew it would be to good to be true. I bet there's a Apple equivalent though. Any info on that?


No idea for the mac - you migght want to ask in one of the mac forums like on dslreports.com

look here : http://radio.about.com/od/macsoftware/S ... io_Mac.htm

Check out the furthur (http://www.further.net) shows in the live music section on archive. They are as good as the boys used to be Smiley Happy
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

Nowhereman...

Can these possibly be included - looks like I am going to loose my Hulu fix

Comedic television hosts continue to be at the center of programming battles as Comedy Central, owned by Viacom, Inc., has decided to pull "The Daily Show with John Stewart" and "The Colbert Report" from Hulu.com, according to The Wall Street Journal.

As of March 9, Hulu will lose the rights to the two half-hour shows, but that doesn't mean they're disappearing from the Internet entirely. Full episodes will still be streamed on TheDailyShow.com and ColbertNation.com.
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"MoonChaser" wrote:
In HBO and Internet Archives, if you are on the Details Page (the one where you can actually PLAY the video) if you hit Left or Right to go directly to another video, not only does it not move to that video, but it renders the Select button useless until you leave the channel. You press Select, the light blinks and you hear the click but it does not play anything (or go a level down if you are on the screen where you see multiple videos or the screen where you select the video category.) Once you leave the channel and re-enter it the Select button works again. The CNET channel functions properly... you can move laterally between videos without having to go up to the list each time, and the Select button continues to function. I think I saw the same bug on one of the other channels, MediaFly if I remember right, or maybe it was Blip.


This one took a while to hunt down. The bug is actually present in all channels that support audio and occurs any time you try to left/right navigate away from the DetailScreen of a video episode. I have a fix and it will slowly make its way into all channels.

Update: This issue has been fixed in all channels. Navigate to the Channel Store to sync your box and get the updates
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"dellsweig" wrote:
Nowhereman...

Can these possibly be included - looks like I am going to loose my Hulu fix

Comedic television hosts continue to be at the center of programming battles as Comedy Central, owned by Viacom, Inc., has decided to pull "The Daily Show with John Stewart" and "The Colbert Report" from Hulu.com, according to The Wall Street Journal.

As of March 9, Hulu will lose the rights to the two half-hour shows, but that doesn't mean they're disappearing from the Internet entirely. Full episodes will still be streamed on TheDailyShow.com and ColbertNation.com.


those are flash-based. not compatible with the box. sorry Smiley Sad
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

Thanks for all your work on these channels and for generously sharing your knowledge. These feeds are also working with your template:

http://www.discovery.com/radio/xml/sciencevideo.xml
http://www.discovery.com/radio/xml/discovery_video.xml

slightly different format:
http://www.discovery.com/radio/xml/news_video.xml


I haven't tested this one yet, but it should be in a similar format:

http://www.discovery.com/radio/xml/apl_podcasts.xml


Here's another set of streams that "sort of" work.The streams don't always fully load. They may fail during the initial "retrieving" process, and bounce out to the description screen. After retrying a few more times, most shows will load and play. I wonder if there's a way to increase the "retrieving" timeout when initially loading the stream?

http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/dailyheads.xml
http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/topstory.xml
http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/sevendays1.xml
http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/spotlight.xml
http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/randall.xml
http://skyscape.sky.com/skynewsradio/NEWS/boultonsunday.xml
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

Someone asked me yesterday about the possibility of playing ShoutCast streams on the box. That got me to thinking about internet radio in general and, as it turns out, it can be done with my existing channel code. As a first step, I added a handful of live streams to the NPR channel. Enjoy!
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

I Love this internet radio. Its like the radio in my car. A local station would be nice but heck i'm still happy with your selection of stations. Great job.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

"nowhereman" wrote:
Someone asked me yesterday about the possibility of playing ShoutCast streams on the box. That got me to thinking about internet radio in general and, as it turns out, it can be done with my existing channel code. As a first step, I added a handful of live streams to the NPR channel. Enjoy!


GREAT JOB on the live NPR streams! you knew this was coming, but i was wondering if you could add KSKA.org (Public Radio Alaska), WHYY.org (Public Radio Philadelphia) and KERA.org (Public Radio Dallas) to the list? You are bringing the channels to a whole new level. Thanks for your hard work!
0 Kudos