Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: A Couple New Channels with More to Come

Awesome work! what a great service you are doing..This thread should be stickied ...
Thanx once again,
Patchman
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just wanted to add my thanks, that was great work
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Here is an interesting site that has a subscription link

This is a collection of travellogs... the one I watched on youtube was Minnesota in 1942 After reading all of the posts and learing how you make content available I'd like to see if this was possible.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New Channels: SPEED, C-SPAN, and a mash of kid-type stuff I labeled "K-12"

Updated Channel: CBS now includes several audio shows, including full length audio of 60 Minutes

Deprecated Channel: CNBC has been merged into the NBC channel. If you have the CNBC channel installed, it will continue to work, but future upgrades will not be applied to it.

Aside: For those of you who who are wondering, C-SPAN's live streams don't work with the box. They are encoded as WMV3 and as far as I can figure, the box only supports WMV9 :?
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Myoutdoortv.com has a myriad of videos available online from many different shows. Does anyone know if any of them could be added into a channel? I know virtually nothing about this stuff.

For those who like outdoor sports such as fishing or hunting it is a great site to check out. My husband and I both watch it on a regular basis. (We only had cable because he wanted to be able to watch hunting and fishing programs. Now I just hook my laptop up to the tv)
All Devices are set up as wireless.(1 & 2 are via composite, 3 & 4 via HDMI to HDTV)
Roku1(BR) Serial: 20F875027516
Roku2(KR) Serial: H0A076000067
Roku3 (LR) Serial: K0A0A0030142
Roku4(BR2) Serial: 12A148000058
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is there any way you can use this site as a guide to find HD video podcasts to add to your existing channels or create new channels with them? This site has an s-load of HD podcasts. I'm not sure you can use them from this site, but thought you could use it as a reference point to locate the sites they came from and implement them in the work your doing.

https://miroguide.com/hd/

Not to sound like a commercial, but this is what they say at the site...

"We also make Miro, a free internet TV application. Miro makes subscribing, managing, and watching programs easy, and it works extra well with all the HD programming you'll find here in the guide."

Any way you can integrate this with the Roku? I don't have the knowledge to do anything but reap the benefits of your hard work. I fell upon this web site while looking for HD podcasts to recommend.

If you click on any of the podcast links, it also has its corresponding RSS feed.
Roku Streaming Stick - 3500R
Roku 2 XD - 3050R (wireless)
Roku HD - N1000 (wireless)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, after I posted, I searched the forum for Miro and found it mentioned quite a bit.
Roku Streaming Stick - 3500R
Roku 2 XD - 3050R (wireless)
Roku HD - N1000 (wireless)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Great channels!

I added HBO, CNET, and Internet Archives. Love the HBO content especially!

A few bugs...

In HBO and Internet Archives, if you are on the Details Page (the one where you can actually PLAY the video) if you hit Left or Right to go directly to another video, not only does it not move to that video, but it renders the Select button useless until you leave the channel. You press Select, the light blinks and you hear the click but it does not play anything (or go a level down if you are on the screen where you see multiple videos or the screen where you select the video category.) Once you leave the channel and re-enter it the Select button works again. The CNET channel functions properly... you can move laterally between videos without having to go up to the list each time, and the Select button continues to function. I think I saw the same bug on one of the other channels, MediaFly if I remember right, or maybe it was Blip.

A few videos on IA crashed my box, causing a reboot. Abbot & Costello Who's On First, and Rabbit Stew (Bugs Bunny, under Classic Animation) and one other under Classic Animation but I forgot which. Other videos played fine... The 1950s Wheaties Commercial, the Betty Crocker commercial, and a movie with Buster Keaton and Jimmy Durante (think it was called the Student or something? Description says he met a dancer and spent his money to bring her show somewhere.)

Also, would it be possible to include in the description a warning that something is audio-only (such as FULL episodes of Bill Maher) so you know before you play it that you don't get video? The CLIPS from Bill Maher have video, so it is a surprise the first time you play a full episode and no video appears. If this is not possible, no biggie-- it would just be a nice addition.

Thanks for your hard work, and I look forward to seeing more channels from you in the future! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Chris,

The Grateful Dead content on the internetarchive.org web site is great. I would not have know about this web site without your Roku Channel and have been able to download and/or record streams of a ton of shows I was at in the 80s, with date and track meta data all organized instantly in iTunes; they're all pretty good audio quality too.

Wow, great find for me - THANKS SO MUCH!
Motorola 6121 Modem>Linksys E1000 Router wired to>
Roku Model: Roku 2 XS - 13A17HO52395
Audio/Video: Sony BX420, 40", Stereo, Panasonic GT50, Digital Audio Out
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"JoshuaMarc1234" wrote:
Hey Chris,

The Grateful Dead content on the internetarchive.org web site is great. I would not have know about this web site without your Roku Channel and have been able to download and/or record streams of a ton of shows I was at in the 80s, with date and track meta data all organized instantly in iTunes; they're all pretty good audio quality too.

Wow, great find for me - THANKS SO MUCH!

Not to Hijack the thread - BUT the real gems on Archive.org's dead library are the soundboards - thousands of them, Most (the ones not commercially released) are only available in streams.

Grab a copy of a program called RM DOWNLOADER. You feed it the stream and it downloads and splits out MP3 formatted.

BTW: archive streams play great on the iphone Smiley Happy
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos