Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Now tv demanding system update

Hi

My now tv app says I need a system update. I’ve done that and there was no update waiting. I’ve unplugged, reset and forced a software update as now tv recommended still no joy. Now tv still works on my phone so I think it’s a Roku issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Now tv demanding system update

Sometimes Roku updates roll out in waves.. give it a day or more to get the update.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Knox
Level 7

Mine is doing exactly the same.

No updates on either the app or the system.

I've reset, removed and reinstalled the app and still no joy.

What's the point of doing a software roll out when the most common apps aren't compatible?
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi jeffrok does that mean now tv has released an update but Roku haven’t rolled it out yet?
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"35666422" wrote:
Hi jeffrok does that mean now tv has released an update but Roku haven’t rolled it out yet?

Now TV has released an app with specific version requirements which your Roku device does not yet meet.  Depending on the device it could be weeks->months before you get the version required.  Assuming the app worked before their update, this is really their problem as they should not have released the app to devices running earlier versions if they have a version requirement.
What model of roku do you have and what is the software version?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing here. We're actively investigating the issue, and hope to have further resolution soon. If you haven't already, we'd recommend following up with the channel provider directly to share your reports. 

I'll be sure to provide any further updates as they become available.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! Thanks for your patience here. 

We believe the issue has now been resolved. Please try launching the channel once more—you should no longer see the system update message appearing. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Level 7

Wow Tanner thank you so much it’s working again now - amazing service!!
0 Kudos