Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Now tv app keeps closing

Jump to solution

Just recently the now tv app closes once I open it, I have reloaded the app still does it, I have factory re set the stick still does it, I checked on other devices app plays fine on Xbox etc, all other apps work with no issues does anyone have any ideas ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Now tv app keeps closing

Jump to solution

@Dixonwatts @KayBov 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend removing and reinstalling the channel. Please make sure that when you remove the channel, to make sure you restart your device before adding it back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Now TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best Now TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.nowtv.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

NowTV not working on Roku Premium

Jump to solution

I have NowTV which I pay for on Roku, it used to work fine, only had the Roku stick for 3 weeks. NowTV is there and acts as though it is going to load, then just sends me back to the home screen again. I have tried all the things suggested online, all of them... it still doesnt work. It's not NowTV itself because the app works fine on my phone and with the NowTV stick that my son has in his room. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dixonwatts @KayBov 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend removing and reinstalling the channel. Please make sure that when you remove the channel, to make sure you restart your device before adding it back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Now TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best Now TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.nowtv.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had this problem for the last couple of days with 2 of my roku boxes doing exactly the same thing. I've removed the app, restarted, reinstalled, and it still does it, even reset to factory settings and restarted my router, but no joy.

Have anyone managed to resolve this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have this same exact issue with Hulu on my Roku sticks (3). I have tried all the suggested steps. Hulu and Roku worked together wonderfully for 18 mos and now the past 2 months I have nothing but troubles. I’ve spoken with Hulu (not their problem!) and I’ve spoken with my internet provider (not their problem!). What has changed???

Has Roku changed something with their software/hardware? Agreement with Roku or is it a ploy for me to have to purchase “upgraded” sticks??? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue now for three days and no response from Now TV. Done everything they have asked me to but keep getting thrown out everytime I try to access it on tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you manage to fix this problem? I am experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not fixed but found a way around the problem, instead of going into my fav shows via my TV tab I have to search for the show each time instead it stays open if you find it via search each time that's best I could do never been fixed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here Smiley Sad it crashes out when the app starts on mytv menu. Ive found a work around but no fix. so open nowtv and whilst it starts hit down arrow on remote a few times quickly and now tv will start and you can move into movies entertainment etc. Solecting mytv will crash out

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, nowtv help chat completely useless. I have just tried your suggestion and this works for me thank you. Now tv told me to buy a new smart stick so I bought the Roku box now £35 down 🙄 They tried to tell me it was my hardware at fault, clearly not. They must be aware of this issue but just not know how to fix it. At least I can now continue watching. 👍🏻

0 Kudos