Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Now I've Lost ABC Too!

As many other SE 2710X owners have reported, YouTube stopped working last week. Then I lost A&E. Today I tried to watch my ABC app and it keeps crashing back to the home screen.  My device is still listed as being update-able so why are so many apps stopping to work? This is clearly a ROKU issue and needs to be fixed!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Now I've Lost ABC Too!

I came here searching for an answer and found your post. I too am having issues with my model 2710X  (ROKU SE -  3rd generation?) as well as my Roku streaming stick 3500x (2nd Generation??).

I lost ABC, FXnow, National Geo and A&E.  At first I thought this was because of Disney + going live. These companies all fall under Disney now. Hulu paid subscribers are getting FX and Disney+ paid subscribers are getting National GEO.  But ABC....   should be solo.

Approx 2 1/2 weeks ago they all worked. With build 4131 something happened.  None load. They start up and then back out to home screen. These developers need to fix this for the older models. Especially if one is a cable subscriber such as myself and is supposed to have access to tv everywhere. Unless this is some planned obsolescence tactic to force consumers to upgrade their devices cleverly planned right around the holiday sales - aka black Friday.  UGH!!!  Not right.

Highlighted
Level 8

I also wanted to add that I just bought a newer roku device two weeks ago. Model:  EXPRESS  3900RW or 3900X.  And I just checked. Build 4131-51 last updated Oct 28 with newest software check done today 11/16/19.  And ABC, FXnow, National GEO all work except for A&E.  A&E does the same thing as my older models and doesn't load.  So it's seems the newer models may be working with some of the select Disney company streaming channels. I don't know. Maybe someone else has some insight.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've also lost the ABC app.  It seems to have coincided with the launch of Disney+.  The app works fine on my tablet and pc.  Seems like a Roku problem to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

It does seem highly suspicious with the timing of Disney +, doesn't it??? Even though this thread is about ABC app, I wanted to add that A&E app got fixed yesterday. It was performing exactly as the failed  ABC roku app. You would go into the app and it would try to show the title page but was grayed out. Then it would back out to the roku home page.  So, my point is that whatever the A&E developer for the Roku app did yesterday is what all the other ABC, FXnow, National Geo developers should try.  

Info: roku ABC app     Version 4.2 Build 105    on Roku Stick 3500X.

Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue with ABC app. It tries to load and I get greyed out screen then it goes back to the Roku main page. Anyone know if they will fix it or not?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

There are numerous problems with the 9.2 update which Roku is relentlessly deflecting to content providers and app developers.

If they thought the Steve Jobs business model of engineered obsolescence would stimulate sales, Roku has not evaluated its competition lately.  Does Roku think it can maintain market share in a space it is now co-habitating with the likes of Amazon, Apple and Google?

What usually happens to the littlest fish in the pond?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I heard back from ABC almost immediately after contacting them.  They had me try a few things and none of them worked.   They said they were investigating and would get back to me.  Congratulations to ABC for being responsive.  It hasn't been solved yet, but at least they acknowledged the problem.  Still radio silence from Roku.  What's up Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Iam having the same issue with the ABC app it will only load a gray page and right back to the home screen. I want my ABC app back!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

ABC is dead on my Roku 2 also.  Along with YouTube, it does not load.

0 Kudos