Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amylords
Level 7

Not working with Hulu or Disney+

My other apps work but I get an error code with HULU P-DEV320.  I can see the menu but when I try to play something it gives me this code.  Also, on Distney+, I can see the menu of items but when I select it gives me the error, protected content license error.  I can watch both apps on another device so I assume it is a ROKU issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dlock09
Level 8

Re: Not working with Hulu or Disney+

Having the same issue. The Disney+ app works for some titles but trying to play 4k or HDR content (ie: The Mandalorian or Moana) results in an error screen reading: "Protected content license error." I've reached out to Disney+ help and am awaiting a response due to their significant ticket volume from all the go-live issues. Any help or input from Roku is much appreciated! Even if it's a Disney+ issue, would be helpful to understand what the technical issue is for that specific playback error.
0 Kudos
amylords
Level 7

In a chat session with Hulu, I found out that the Roku Express is not accepting updates from Hulu and therefore, is giving the error.  I will have to upgrade the device.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amylords Roku Express devices have not stopped receiving updates or support. That type of error from Hulu is either content specific or something related to the Hulu channel's functionality. This is not a Roku device generated error, it is generated by the channel itself. Apologies for any misinformation you may have received, but I would recommend contacting Hulu support for more help. 

Disney+ is working on some issues that have related to customers seeing errors on multiple devices. I would also recommend following up with them directly to report that error, request support and any additional status updates they may have to share. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Stand
Level 7

My Roku Ultra (new) will only rarely stream movies on Hulu. 50% of the time Hulu throws out an error-5 or P-DEV321 0r 320 or 329. If I do a connection check through Roko it fails with 0 Mbps or passes with 1 Mbps. I have it hardwired to an ethernet network and if I run Netflix and do their test I get 54 Mbps. I have also tried wireless at 5 ghz and also 2.4 with the same results.

0 Kudos