Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halifaxsteve
Level 7

Not getting free content from Roku channel.

The Roku channel says the first episode of 'the restaurant' season one is free.  when i click on it i get a blank screen.  Is it because i'm in Canada?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not getting free content from Roku channel.

I think it may have to do with your location, but just to be clear are you using a Roku device, mobile app, or a web browser?  This article implies to me that you can't get Premium content in Canada, so that may include free episodes on a premium channel:

"Note: Free, ad-supported content on The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States; and your web browser, The Roku Channel mobile app, Roku mobile app, and compatible Samsung TVs and Fire TV devices in the United States. Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel are only available in United States and are not currently available on Samsung TVs or Fire TV devices."

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
halifaxsteve
Level 7

Re: Not getting free content from Roku channel.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I currently have a Roku 3 and Roku premiere. Both are registered in my account.   None of which allows me to view the free episode content.  I'll check the article link you provided.  But I suspect its because i'm in Canada.  cold as ice. 

I'd appreciate hearing from Roku if in fact my location is prohibiting my access.  It may be due to local regulations, 

0 Kudos