Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Not finding shows in Roku

I have an older Roku player. I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with them not showing content. On my Hulu I have hbo, cinemax, ect, however on my Roku certain shows will not come up even when I search for them. Mainly I have found it with #Game of Thrones or other movie titles. I can see the shows on my phone and computer however when I look them up on my Hulu with the ##Roku they are no where to be found. I have done a hard reset on it just in case it needed an update that it wasn't showing and still nothing. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem. I'm probably just going to buy a new one cause this is aggravating but had to ask out of curiosity

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Help!

It's possible that older Roku players are not compatible with the latest version of some channels/apps. Netflix has discontinued support for older players, and Hulu might have as well. You didn't say exactly what model Roku you have (model number, not name). Could they be limiting only certain media titles? Certainly possible. Depending on the age of your player, it might be time for an upgrade. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Help!

I received an email that my old Roku was outdated, and as of Nov. 15th, 2019 it would not be able to receive any more updates...so I bought a new one. Perhaps...

0 Kudos