Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danimals20
Level 7

Not enough space

Had all my channels working fine until tonight. Received error message of “not enough space” to watch an app. After deleting many apps, restarting my tv/system, updating (the update never fully completes), and clearing cache I’m STILL unable to download or watch anything. I have no apps left on my tv. Can’t reinstall any apps from my network and it says to check it. But my network connection is excellent. Please help

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not enough space

What is the Roku device? Include the model number from Settings > System > About

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Danimals20
Level 7

Device is Roku TV D803X. Model number is 100018254

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

@Danimals20 wrote:

Had all my channels working fine until tonight. Received error message of “not enough space” to watch an app. After deleting many apps, restarting my tv/system, updating (the update never fully completes), and clearing cache I’m STILL unable to download or watch anything. I have no apps left on my tv. Can’t reinstall any apps from my network and it says to check it. But my network connection is excellent. Please help

Try:

1) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset) - try again

2) Completely unplug power from Roku TV for 10-15 minutes - try again

StreamerUser

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Klwittmeyer
Level 7

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Factory reset twice and now not one app will load. Please help! #32inroku @needrokuhelp 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Klwittmeyer

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly are you seeing on screen? What are the steps to replicate this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alisbailey
Level 7

I am having the same problem. When trying to launch Netflix, it says “failed to launch because there is not enough space” and suggests removing channels or getting a microSD card. We removed all channels but one but still had the same problem. We bought a 16GB microSD and it’s still not working (and it says only 5% of the microSD card is used). We’ve tried restarting, unplugging, ensured updates were up to date and nothing has helped. My Roku is about 6 years old — model: 4230X - Roku 3. Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@alisbailey wrote:

I am having the same problem. When trying to launch Netflix, it says “failed to launch because there is not enough space” and suggests removing channels or getting a microSD card. We removed all channels but one but still had the same problem. We bought a 16GB microSD and it’s still not working (and it says only 5% of the microSD card is used). We’ve tried restarting, unplugging, ensured updates were up to date and nothing has helped. My Roku is about 6 years old — model: 4230X - Roku 3. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've heard reports of the "not enough space" message, but I've never seen that. I have seen a message that suggests adding a microSD card to keep from having to download the apps, but never one that refused to launch an app.

By the way, any microSD card larger than 2 GB is a waste. Roku will only use 2 GB for expanded storage.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/

Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos