Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Not enough space

I’m trying to watch 1 of only 8 channels I have left as every time I try to watch I get ‘not enough space please delete apps ‘ ... what is going on !? Surely I should be able to watch 

10 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Not enough space

@K8W 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue that you are experiencing may be related to space issues on your device. Freeing up space on your device may resolve the issue that you are seeing. You can do this by:
1) Remove any unused channels from your device.
2) Factory reset your device. If you need assistance with this, steps are outlined here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
3) Link your device back to your account.
4) Add the channels that you are trying to use.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't Run Channel Error

I've regulated my channels down to only 5, I've done a factory reset, and I've tried you force an update (None available).  However I'm still reviving an error that me "Can't run Channel" Due to not enough space.  Are there any solutions available?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't Run Channel Error

@th3brick24 

Thanks for the note.

If performing a factory reset on your device still isn't resolving your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't Run Channel Error

I have been having the same issue when I try to run Amazon or Sling TV getting the error that there is not enough space.  I tried all the troubleshooting tips and the only thing that has worked is to do a factory reset.  The problem keeps coming back though and I have to do a factory reset every few days.  It takes forever and is a pain.  I own two Roku express devices and it is only happening on one of them (which is the older of the two).  Once the factory reset is done and I re-register my channels, Sling TV is very slow to load, taking 90-120 seconds to get to the menu.  This just started happening a month ago.  There are no updates to be run and the internet connection is the same as it always was.  What can I do to stop having to do a factory reset so I can watch Sling TV and Amazon?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am having this same issue on all 4 of my Roku devices and some of them are brand new. Why is this happening all of a sudden and constantly? It never happened before. I subscribe to a number of streaming services that I access through Roku and I’m not able to watch any of them now. It always says there is not enough space to load the channel. I did not add any new channels and so my “space” should  be the same. Restarting doesn’t resolve the issue. Please fix this Bug ASAP, it’s super annoying AF and obviously a nasty software glitch. I’d hate to think I bought 4 Roku devices that don’t work and that I’d have to cancel all my streaming services because of Roku....Thank You!

Highlighted
Level 8

None of the solutions anyone posted work to resolve the issues. This is definitely a software glitch with 9.3 version and it needs immediate fixing. This can ONLY be done by you Roku. Currently all my devices are useless. The channels ALL fail to load, saying there is not enough space. Baloney!! How soon can we get a software bug fix update to resolve this horrible problem???

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RS13 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing any unused channels from your device? We would also recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device after removing the channels to see if that resolves the issue.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I've been having the same exact issue since last week! It's annoying!! When can we expect this to be fixed?!

Highlighted

None of this works!!