Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senya
Level 7

Not enough space

I have a Roku express. When I try to access the channel it tells me not enough space please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again to remove channels focus the channel selector star and then select remove and then OK I do this and it still doesn’t work. I am well connected to the Wi-Fi and I have restarted the Roku twice I still can’t get it to work. It did work for a time but now it doesn’t work
0 Kudos
18 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Not enough space

"Senya" wrote:
I have a Roku express. When I try to access the channel it tells me not enough space please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again to remove channels focus the channel selector star and then select remove and then OK I do this and it still doesn’t work. I am well connected to the Wi-Fi and I have restarted the Roku twice I still can’t get it to work. It did work for a time but now it doesn’t work

What software & build are you running? Don’t say latest, but the actual version/build.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Senya
Level 7

I have no idea. How do I find out?
0 Kudos
Senya
Level 7

All I know is. Roku Exoress
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Senya" wrote:
I have no idea. How do I find out?

Settings > System > About
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Senya
Level 7

Model: 3900x-Roku Express
Software version, 9.00.build 4116-51
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Senya" wrote:
Model: 3900x-Roku Express
Software version,  9.00.build 4116-51

There were some issues with the Roku Express model 3900 running 9.0 but an earlier build. It had been reported as resolved and users reporting issues concurred. Your steps to this point have all been in line with the recommended fixes to get the update with the fix. And it looks like you have the latest build.

You’ve restarted/rebooted the device. An actual shutdown — removing power/pulling the plug — for a couple of minutes might help, but I’m doubtful. Still, try it.

Failing that, a full Factory Reset might be in order. And there’s no guarantee that would work, as you should already have the latest build for that device.

Tanner, the Roku moderator, should be online soon. The company is PT. Last mod was CT, but we don’t yet know what time zone Tanner is. He may be able to offer more.

I wish I could offer more at the moment. If you can th8nk of anything else that might be useful, perhaps that might trigger something with me or other users here on the board.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Senya
Level 7

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Please try visiting Settings>System>System update>Check now and see if any updates are available. 

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, you'll want to try performing a factory reset on the device. This will clear all data and channels/logins, and allow you to set the unit up again fresh. You can see the steps for how to do this here: 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Please let us know if you run into the issue again after giving this a try. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Saul
Level 7

I got the same error when trying to add a channel.  Same model and software version.  Did the reset to factory and everything loaded.
0 Kudos