Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

It seems YouTube is a big culprit. I've noticed that if I'm watching for a while, the next time I may get the message and normally a system restart fixes it. Today I was getting the error launching Prime and system restart, cache clearing, and removing a channel didn't work. Tried launching YouTube to see if ads were the issue and got a different network error. I then  removed YouTube and restarted, now everything is fine. I also have aquatic screensaver and didn't touch it. 

0 Kudos
sfg2222

Jump to solution

There seems to be several suggestions along this same avenue to 'clear the cache' when you get the message '...not enough space....'

I tried many of the suggestions that I found (about 4) here and none worked.  Then I found this one.  Here is the one that worked for me.

Showing results for how to clear roku cache
Search instead for how to clear roku cashe

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
How to Clear Cache on Roku
  1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.
  2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times. ...
  3. It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart

PS:  The Home button is on the Roku stick at the top on the right side facing you.  I didn't know and had to look it up!

The Roku will automatically reboot itself and at least I was on my way.  I hope that this works for someone else out there.

My suggestion?  Before you reset the entire Roku or go through any major fix, try the various suggestions found on this chain that are similar to to the one I have posted.  They seem similar, however each is slightly different.  It may have something to do with the age of the Roku?  Not sure why some worked for others and not for me.

I agree that Roku should step up and get this fixed.  It's been going on for a long time.

0 Kudos
John1958
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I decided to revisit this thread to see if there is any true resolve to the issue as it really is a pain in the a**.

Now that roku and YTTV are feuding the whole factory reset option is out the window as we cannot re-install YTTV after the reset. On top of this I am very disappointed in roku for not resolving the issue to date. This has been ongoing for years now!

For all you folks having the issue, many of us have found that simply choosing the "default theme" in settings is the perfect fix. It worked for me when I first had the issue and again a month or so ago after a roku update. I absolutely hate the default theme and the fact that I cannot use the aqua screen saver, which, like for many others, is my favorite too.

0 Kudos
Danimals20

Not enough space

Jump to solution

Had all my channels working fine until tonight. Received error message of “not enough space” to watch an app. After deleting many apps, restarting my tv/system, updating (the update never fully completes), and clearing cache I’m STILL unable to download or watch anything. I have no apps left on my tv. Can’t reinstall any apps from my network and it says to check it. But my network connection is excellent. Please help

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

What is the Roku device? Include the model number from Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Danimals20 wrote:

Had all my channels working fine until tonight. Received error message of “not enough space” to watch an app. After deleting many apps, restarting my tv/system, updating (the update never fully completes), and clearing cache I’m STILL unable to download or watch anything. I have no apps left on my tv. Can’t reinstall any apps from my network and it says to check it. But my network connection is excellent. Please help

Try:

1) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset) - try again

2) Completely unplug power from Roku TV for 10-15 minutes - try again

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Factory reset twice and now not one app will load. Please help! #32inroku @needrokuhelp 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Klwittmeyer

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What exactly are you seeing on screen? What are the steps to replicate this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alisbailey

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. When trying to launch Netflix, it says “failed to launch because there is not enough space” and suggests removing channels or getting a microSD card. We removed all channels but one but still had the same problem. We bought a 16GB microSD and it’s still not working (and it says only 5% of the microSD card is used). We’ve tried restarting, unplugging, ensured updates were up to date and nothing has helped. My Roku is about 6 years old — model: 4230X - Roku 3. Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@alisbailey wrote:

I am having the same problem. When trying to launch Netflix, it says “failed to launch because there is not enough space” and suggests removing channels or getting a microSD card. We removed all channels but one but still had the same problem. We bought a 16GB microSD and it’s still not working (and it says only 5% of the microSD card is used). We’ve tried restarting, unplugging, ensured updates were up to date and nothing has helped. My Roku is about 6 years old — model: 4230X - Roku 3. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've heard reports of the "not enough space" message, but I've never seen that. I have seen a message that suggests adding a microSD card to keep from having to download the apps, but never one that refused to launch an app.

By the way, any microSD card larger than 2 GB is a waste. Roku will only use 2 GB for expanded storage.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos