Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

@Katsambripip 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please be more specific regarding the issue that you are experiencing with not having enough space? What are you trying to do? What kind of message are you getting? Can you provide a screenshot of this message? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We would recommend removing any unused channels from your device and then try performing a factory reset on your device. After linking your device back to your Roku account, try adding the channels again to see if the issue is resolved.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Not enough space

Jump to solution

I factory reset my Roku and the only channel on it is Disney plus when I try to open it, it pops up saying there isn't enough room remove other channels to make room....that would be fine but Disney plus is literally the only channel on it. I tried removing it and adding it back on I factory reset now I just don't know what to do. And because of the situation nobody is able to pick up the customer support lines. Please help I have two children driving me up a wall 🙏

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The only suggestion I can make is to do another factory reset, but create a new Roku account with a different email address.

However, now that I think about it that may not be a good idea if you paid for Disney+ through Roku since that may be linked to your account.  I don't know how/if you can transfer it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Have you had any luck resolving the "not enough space" issue? I am having the same problem and I can't seem to get around it in any way. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@examinern104 @Hgallegos09 

As @renojim mentioned, we would recommend removing any unused channels from your device and trying to perform a factory reset on your device.

For information on how to perform a factory reset on your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I would like to piggyback this question. I have been having the same problem with being told I have not enough space to open channels. In the last few days, it has been the Youtube channel and Youtube TV. Topic, Apple +. I have done all that I can on this end. I have a Roku Express 3900x. I'm thinking of going up to Roku Express + in hopes a new version is an answer. Any suggestions on this? Thank you

0 Kudos
gabe817
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this same problem with the Roku Ultra (4670X)I just purchased this week. It recognizes the SD card and formats it.  I'm able to load one or two apps then I get the out of space message.  I'm using a 16 GB card when 2 GB should be plenty.  I've removed 6 channels and still can't add one.  I've checked for system updates.  I haven't done the factory reset yet but from what others have said it also doesn't fix the problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try using it without the SD card - it really isn't necessary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RS13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue on all 4 of my Roku devices and some of them are brand new. Why is this happening all of a sudden and constantly? It never happened before. I subscribe to a number of streaming services that I access through Roku and I’m not able to watch any of them now. It always says there is not enough space to load the channel. I did not add any new channels and so my “space” should  be the same. Restarting doesn’t resolve the issue. Please fix this Bug ASAP, it’s super annoying AF and obviously a nasty software glitch. I’d hate to think I bought 4 Roku devices that don’t work and that I’d have to cancel all my streaming services because of Roku....Thank You!

RS13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of the solutions anyone posted work to resolve the issues. This is definitely a software glitch with 9.3 version and it needs immediate fixing. This can ONLY be done by you Roku. Currently all my devices are useless. The channels ALL fail to load, saying there is not enough space. Baloney!! How soon can we get a software bug fix update to resolve this horrible problem???