Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Not able to activate CNN-Go on Roku

I am trying to install CNN Go on my Roku. It asks me to go to cnn.it/roku and enter the activation code that is displayed. I did the same on a browser however, it then asks me to select a TV service provider and did not show Roku at all. How can I resolve this ?

5 Replies
Level 19

Re: Not able to activate CNN-Go on Roku

CNN makes itself available to those who are already paying for it via a cable/satellite subscription that includes CNN.  You can also subscribe to a paid streaming service that carries CNN, such as Hulu, FuboTV, YouTube TV, or AT&T TV Now in the US (I don't know which of these may be available in Italy, or whether there are Italian streaming services that carry CNN).  As far as I know, you cannot obtain an independent paid CNN subscription as you can with services like Netflix.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Same here.No Spectrum  or ROKU

0 Kudos
Level 7

My CNNgo app on my TV showed a code/ I used my laptop and searched  cnn.it/roku       then  I clicked on Activate your device. And that gave me the choice to choose my roku .and my cable/satellite provider. I also have SPECTRUM.  So I looked a bit harder at the list and         found  Charter spectrum, tried that and it worked. Then I remembered my  cable account, was my username @Charter.net  Not Spectrum.net              Also i had to click on  send a new code                 good-luck

0 Kudos
Level 7

there is no roku in the list of tv providers

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dakotafly38 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku is not a TV provider. Roku is simply a streaming platform. If you are trying to authenticate the channel, it it mostly likely requesting credentials of a cable or TV provider.

For more information about authenticated channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos