Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posttoastee
Level 7

Not able to access many selectionstudents in HBOMax

Jump to solution

All of a sudden I'm no longer able to access the 1st run movies and many of the various programs and channels in HBOMAX.  Does anyone else have this issue?   I've tried rebooting my roku device,but that didn't help.   What can I do??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Not able to access many selectionstudents in HBOMax

Jump to solution

Hello @posttoastee

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for its content. The content is chosen directly by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting HBO Max support to report the issue and for further help.

You can reach out to them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @posttoastee

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for its content. The content is chosen directly by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting HBO Max support to report the issue and for further help.

You can reach out to them here: https://help.hbomax.com/

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just tried Max on my Ultra 4800 and it worked fine. However, I must point out that HBO has terrible programmers for their app on all platforms, not just Roku. It has even more problems on Android based players.

One thing to try is to remove the channel from your Roku, reboot the Roku (critical step, don't skip), then add the channel back and log back into HBO. 

Before you do even that, check the channel store and make sure Max is still listed. If you're located somewhere HBO isn't supposed to be available, perhaps you lucked out getting it in the first place and now HBO has disabled your access. If it's not in the channel store, you won't be able to reinstall it after removing it. Always pays to check availability before you remove a channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos