Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillBrasky

Re: No sound through headphones in Apple TV

So it seems that going into your Roku settings and forcing the audio output to STEREO (instead of Dolby surround or whatever the other option(s) are) fixes this.  But of course, it would need to be changed back when viewing other channels or when wanting good audio for external speakers.  It seems that Roku/Apple needs to fix this. 

webbym
Channel Surfer

Changing the Roku setting to STEREO worked for me, too! Thanks, @BillBrasky !!!

onelovekir
Reel Rookie

Oh my gosh Billy! Thanks bro that worked! Thanks for the workaround, but definitely Apple/Roku need to fix this because this is not an ideal workaround. It just needs to work!

Thanks again! 

Tresha

@BillBrasky wrote:

So it seems that going into your Roku settings and forcing the audio output to STEREO (instead of Dolby surround or whatever the other option(s) are) fixes this.  But of course, it would need to be changed back when viewing other channels or when wanting good audio for external speakers.  It seems that Roku/Apple needs to fix this. 

Thanks for the work around! 

uk2usawtw

This worked thanks!! I guess Apple tv does not produce Dolby Digital sound.

0 Kudos
Etter

Thank you so much!  The change to stereo worked great!

0 Kudos
Baconbits7

Thank you! I had the issue with AppleTV and also HBOMax - both fixed now!

0 Kudos
Komeith

Doesn’t work for me as than no videos are playable till I change back to auto

0 Kudos
J_66

I’ve been having the same problem

for a couple of years now. Plugging in headphones into the Roku remote provides perfect sound for every app except apple tv.  Plugging in headphones into iPhone when using the Roku remote control app causes the same problem.

0 Kudos
Salerno
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Express and have the same problem, no Dolby. If I go out of Apple TV and into Netflix, switch to private listening and get sound through the headphones, then get out of Netflix and back into Apple TV, the sound keeps working. Silly but usually works.

0 Kudos