Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVC Roku TV playing YouTube

Jump to solution

I have a JVC Roku TV that my parents purchased in November 2018. Recently when I turned it I went to YouTube to watch a video. Upon clicking the video the audio didn't work. I went to the remote and clicked the "*". After doing that the audio came back on but sounds static and only works sometimes. After a while sometimes it clears up and the audio is normal. I've already reset my TV, checked for up dates on the TV itself, checked for updates on the app itself. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help? Do I have to get a new tv already?

#JVC #RokuTV #JVCRokuTV

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

I have a quick update to share. Check for a system update to update the YouTube channel. If you don't see an update right away, please try the following steps: 

1. Remove the YouTube channel from the Roku home screen. 

2. Restart your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart. 

3. Once your TV has restarted, go to 'Streaming channels' and reinstall the channel. 

This should help resolve the issue you were experiencing. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Tanner

Red808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

On the channel or videos that don’t have correct sound press your star button on your roku remote, then scroll down to “volume mode”  change the setting from anything that’s there to off or from off to any other setting. This should correct the problem. I left mine in the off setting and the sound stayed corrected. Hope it works for you. 

0 Kudos
Ddkk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have a quick update to share. Please try the following steps: 

3. Once your TV has restarted, go to 'Streaming channels' and reinstall the channel. 

This should help resolve the issue you were experiencing. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner, who is the update from?  Is this considered a workarpund or THE fix?  Just wanted to get some details before I go through the process as I've already implemented the * volume mode off workaround.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I had this exact same problem! However, I recently fixed it. What I did was click on the app and press the (*) option, Which gave me an option to update the YouTube app individually. When I updated the app individually, it logged me out of YouTube  and made me re-sign in, that immediately fixed my sound problem. How it works and I have no trouble with it all your app needs to do is update individually honestly it’s very important to keep up with each app on your Roku TV my Netflix needed to be updated as well. 

0 Kudos
red_m1k3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi guys

I just checked Youtube today and the sound seems to be working now.

I did not do any work around(Volume mode is still on Leveling) or re-install the app, I believe its been *fixed*.

0 Kudos

Re: No sound on YouTube tv one , other tv ok

Jump to solution

sound is off on youtube tv

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

need help on issue

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Youtube TV is different from Youtube.

did you try @RokuTannerD  solution?

Do you have sound on other Channels?

Otherwise YoutubeTV is a paid Channel I would definetly contact them directly.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
JimC44

Jump to solution

I have tried EVERYTHING posted, following instructions to a "T". I have had tech support for the services that DO actually provide it (Amazon Prime, etc) searching for solutions and trying to assist me. I have had my ISP check all H/W, and S/W associated with my account. I am only getting sound on about 7% of my Amazon Prime shows and NONE of the Disney+ channel. I have not checked YouTube or other channels, because frankly, I don't have time, and this is for my husband, who is the person who watches our Roku Premiere (3920 series). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos