Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: No sound on YouTube app or any new app I add

Jump to solution

I've had this happen.

Try Settings/System/ system restart

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Shancia

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

WOW thanks for your help!😊

Alisnell

Jump to solution

Go to the Roku setting and press reset.  That’s the only thing that worked for us.

0 Kudos
Notbrend0n

Jump to solution

What I did is just restarted the Roku and it worked but I had my volume setting at leveling so imma enjoy some VanossGaming 🥱

0 Kudos
Cpuetzer

Jump to solution

Go to the main roku settings and scroll to the audio settings. I changed my audio mode to stereo. I also changed my HDMI to only accept PCM-Stereo instead of auto detect. This fixed my problem and I tried everything else before stumbling on this setting. 

Jump to solution

Roku settings, system restart and that solved my issue with youtube app

0 Kudos
Steve17

Jump to solution

Just solved mine on a LG TV by pressing the AD button on the remote audio description on. Worked everytime now

0 Kudos
Ruby_PA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your suggestions were the only thing that worked for me. When I hit the star button on roku remote during video play, it only turns the audio guide on, no menu appears. System restart, deleting and readding the app did nothing. I do not have audio leveling on any menu. But I did what you suggested with Roku audio settings and it works now!!! Thank you!!!

Ruby_PA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Doesn't show who I was replying to for some odd reason but it was

's post that helped me.

Jump to solution

I tried all of the suggestions...and still nothing.  I've checked roku, reboot roku several times...I've not had sound on Youtube (all other apps work) for more than 6 months.  I've had to cancel my youtube account from paying to free and uninstalled youtube.  Seems youtube doesn't care....I've contacted them as well.  I wonder how many customers they are losing as a result of this glitch?  

Any suggestions other than the ones in this thread, which for me did not work, would be appreciated....thankyou.

0 Kudos