Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red808
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

During playback of a video, press the star (*) button on the remote and scroll to “Volume mode” then change to setting to anything other than the current setting. Mine was off, I choose to change it and put it back to off. The sound was back permanently. Give it a try. Worked for me and others. Good luck. 

andric3454

Jump to solution

Thanks this worked! 

0 Kudos
Tonysmith1

Jump to solution

Same here no sound, started Saturday

0 Kudos
Thebee

Jump to solution

I used your method of scrolling volume up and down while video loads and it worked. It’s crazy. You have to do it for each video.

0 Kudos
Red808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you press the star button on your roku remote and scroll to the “volume mode” setting and change the settings there, to anything, I set mine to “off” you won’t have to change the volume on every video. 

0 Kudos
XT3

Jump to solution

Had same problem... Here’s how to fix it... Go to “*” go to volume mode: should have ( leveling or night mode ) pick OFF  & turn it off... sound should be fixed.. 

0 Kudos
TheRedDiva
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What I did was was check the sound in the options menu via the * on the remote check the volume mode hope that works for you too

Diva is as Diva Does
0 Kudos

Re: Fixed?! No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm, as soon as I hit the * button. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Fixed?! No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

Hi there!

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences! We've sent these over to the team, and they are actively investigating. 

In the meantime, try pressing the * key on your remote while you're playing a video, and look for the 'Volume Mode' setting. Turn this off, and see if audio is restored.

I'll share any updates that I hear. Please stay tuned! 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Beck1

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  Started the very same day still not resolved!