Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

To be clear this is a RokuTV problem. It has been reported that pressing the asterisk * key

during playback fixes it.

They'll fix it but it will take a few.....

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Wyomama

Jump to solution

Just pushing the * once got it working. 

keeism

Jump to solution

Solution that worked for me: Press ‘*’ button on remote > scroll down to ‘volume mode’ and toggle through the different settings until audio returns. 

hope this helps! 

Benpupa2

Jump to solution

I believe I have figured it out, it could only be a temporary fix but when I hit the "*" key and change the volume mode to "off" instead of "leveling" or "night", it brought the sound back to the YouTube app. Hopefully this helps 

0 Kudos
Xmaydayx1

Jump to solution

So the * trick worked for me , but got tired of doing it over and over so I stumbled over  this fix, if you hit * and on Volume Mode  turn it off, the youtube home screen is wobbly sounds but the videos start with sound no problem now.

0 Kudos
Ddkk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Lion wrote:

YO PEOPLE! I JUST FIXED IT! GO TO SETTINGS AND TURN THE VOLUME MODE TO OFF AND SHOULD COME RIGHT ON. LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

I posted the workaround using the pause video, press * * unpause video workaround.  I like Lions solution better as her/his workaround is persistent and you don't have to do the process for each video.  The steps I used for Lions workaround were:  pause video, press * on remote, scroll down to "Volume mode" and select Off.  Thanks for your support all and special thanks to Lion.

0 Kudos
Anibalmari
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Solved: press the “*” button scroll down to volume mode and select “normal”. That solved the problem for me. This was on a TLC Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Anibalmari
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Solved: press the “*” button scroll down to volume mode and select “normal”. That solved the problem for me. This was on a TLC Roku TV.

0 Kudos
gsayre

Jump to solution

Exact same thing for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube and having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Gingerbean

Jump to solution

I also tried scott2019's suggestion, and it worked. I hope this sound issue resolves itself. I have a new RCA Roku tv, and watch YouTube, so it's a bummer.

0 Kudos