Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmberMoore89
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
Odinson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, it started for me today 1/11/2020 but it may have started last night. No sound but good picture then when I click the "home" button  the sound plays for a second before exiting but it is crackly and broken sound. I tried rebooting the device, I tested my internet connection and I checked to see if the system needed updated, then when that didn't work I removed the channel then i readded hoping that would fix it and nothing that I tried worked at all. It seems like Youtube has been a really big problem for most Roku users, there has been a ridiculous amount of problems with Roku and their Youtube app and one would hope that they realize this and do something about it. Personally if this problem continues I am going to take the TV back and demand a refund and then I will just buy a new TV from a brand that does not have all these issues.

Jump to solution

TL;DR - turn off sound leveling.

Long version - Since it's YouTube specific, it's a driver issue. Since it carries over a little after closing, it's a floating driver (just included for troubleshooters, if they're interested).

There's some audio, so it's a secondary function not working right - so I tried the three stooges approach: flipping switches until something responded.

It still crackles a bit between videos but I don't have to toggle volume to get audio on each one anymore.

Here's the steps I took, don't know if it has to be precisely this:

Open a video, toggling the volume buttons so there's sound.

Open the settings menu by pressing *

Toggle down to Sound Leveling and turn it off.

Click Back to exit.

Hope that helps.

(PS. To the guy who answered his own "did you report this?" question: what's wrong in your life where you act like that?)

AmberMoore89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was just able to fix my problem with the sound on YouTube.  I clicked a video to play on YouTube, then I pressed the settings button * I went down on the menu down to where it says volume leveler thing & make sure it says off. It worked for me. 

Jump to solution

I followed the reply by Ddkk by hitting the * button I tried a few sound adjustments no change I finally found the volume mode was on "leveling" and once changed to off all normal function returned. I see there were several questions on this so i will clarify, The problem is in the Roku Tv, when you hit the * button a menu pops up for the tv, scroll down to Volume Mode, Ie instant sound and normal functions, I hope this is cleared up and thankks for the Kudo's found Off was the choice that worked for me others say normal works, mine was originally set to leveling which was what was causing the problem on my TV, I suppose different tv's have different solutions but this is where I found the change gave me instant sound, and all functions returned to normal, thanks for the Kudo's I think Ddkk deserves them too

tyranny00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did what you suggested and it works for every video. Thank you! I did send Roku tech support a message this afternoon explaining the issue w this YouTube audio. Have not heard anything back, and hope they have a fix for all of us. 

0 Kudos
BaileyB93

Jump to solution

You need to change volume mode to off while in the app and it will fix.

jls03
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Press the asterisk * on your remote while you are on Youtube. The sound returns.

TubeBlarp

Jump to solution

Same problem. Bogus. #RokuFail

0 Kudos
BigDomo

Jump to solution

My tv does the same. I unhooked the power cord and plugged it back up. Pluto started back playing but YouTube won’t. I have to link YouTube From my phone to hear YouTube. Why is all this happening to us around the same time? They need to hard reset from their headquarters or something 

0 Kudos