Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

So obviously  lot of us are having this problem but what I did was I have the remote app on my phone and switched it to private listening and then back to tv and did that back and forth a few times and it eventually fixed itself. Idk what’s going on but it didn’t last all night, I use YouTube on my tv for white noise for my son to sleep. 

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue. I was able to fix mine by pushing the settings button while the video is playing and toggle the volume mode from leveling to off. I restart the app and it now has a video and now I can switch to whatever volume mode and is still working. 

Xkini20

Jump to solution

Ddkk had the solution. Thanks.

Dagoraw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem have you heard of any solutions 

0 Kudos
Dagoraw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I get my sound back for YouTube 

0 Kudos
Red808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. It stated yesterday also. Is there a fix yet ???

0 Kudos
United07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. Mine was fixed.

0 Kudos
Red808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is what worked for me, While viewing  a video on YouTube I pressed the star button, scrolled down to the “Volume mode” setting. I changed the settings a few times and the YouTube sound came back in clear with no distortion. Hope this works for you. 

0 Kudos
tyranny00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem that started last night 1/10. It was only our living room TV at that time. Now this morning our back bedroom TV is also doing. I am going to send Roku tech support a message. I am not sure if it's the youtube app through Roku or if it's another Roku issue that needs to be resolved. Sure is annoying! But glad to know we are not the only ones either. Hoping something gets fixed for us all!

Red808
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Here is what worked for me, While viewing  a video on YouTube I pressed the star button, scrolled down to the “Volume mode” setting. I changed the settings a few times and the YouTube sound came back in clear with no distortion. Hope this works for you. 

0 Kudos