Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

Also having the same problem with mine (I have a Sanyo roku tv). Mine started doing this yesterday. 

Bsroper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep just noticed this as well. YouTube has no sound. Netflix does have sound but is intermittent and starts lagging. Have hard reset the tv and YouTube app several times and YouTube will sometimes work for a few minutes. Someone please help.....

0 Kudos
Cnoglesby

Jump to solution

I have the same problem! If you tap the settings key a few times, go up and down the settings list, and go back to the YouTube video you're trying to watch, it should do the trick. I have to do it for each new video, so it's a fix we shouldn't have to do. Hope this helps!

ScottC2019
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I usually got it to work by constantly changing the volume before and as the video is loading. So start changing the volume, then click the video, and keep changing until it starts playing.

I’ve also found that if all your videos are in a playlist, like your watch later, then when it automatically goes to the next video it still works and has sound.

Mattyman1

Jump to solution

mine started yesterday and it's really irritating. Please get it fixed 

Bsroper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Holy **bleep** it worked! You da real MVP👏👏👏 Thank you!Took a few tries before it would open settings but it worked. That’ll get me by until they get the issue resolved

0 Kudos
Anurag
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also got my YouTube app to produce sound by following ScottC2019’s advice and it worked like a charm. 

However, the process is quite tedious and you would have to do it for each video that you’re trying to play which is annoying. That being said, this is the best temporary fix until the app gets updated or fixed.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

...and Uh did any of you bother to file a bug report?

Answer: NO

You can press on the Star key (*) on the app and report it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Saber138

Jump to solution

I’m also having the same issue On my TCL Roku TV. YouTube puts out no sound. It only makes a weird noise when exiting the YouTube app. However, Netflix is working fine. 

0 Kudos
Ddkk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem.  Started 1/9/2020.  Issue is with Youtube app only.  TCL Roku tv. No sound bar.  Model #40S305.  SW Ver. 9.2.0 Build 4502-48. My workaround is to select " * " button on remote, once I've paused a stream, then hit the same " * " button a second time, then unpause the stream.  Sometimes I get a fast stuttering audio sound but it goes away.  Hpoe they fix this soon.  It's very annoying.