Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

Re: No show pictures in apps

The reason why this topic keeps getting necroed:

It is temporary. Stop posting about it. Online apps are going to glitch once in a while.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
Highlighted
hslibr
Level 7

I have the same problem on my Roku 2 with Netflix and Hulu.  The only way I can fix this is to unplug the device and allow it to reset.  Is there a solution for this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wallydog
Level 7

I had a Roku 2xd that was doing this with Netflix . I swiched to an Express the newer model and have not had the problem . I don't think the Roku 2 has the memory capacity to run the newer apps and I think Netflix is slow to to respond in filling the tiles to the older app .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dpruth001
Level 7

I, too, have had this issue with my Roku 2, with all apps. It started around the time of the original post above.

Restarting temporarily fixes the problem, but only temporarily. There is no system update available when I check.

This problem is happening more and more frequently, recently forcing me to restart Roku multiple times a week. It seems like it should be an easy enough fix.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

There are multiple players that Roku labeled "2". It matters which one you are referring to. If it's a 2 XS, or one of the other 2nd generation boxes, it's unlikely a firmware fix will resolve the problem. They just don't have the power or memory to properly handle the latest channels. It's time for a newer box. I retired my 2 XS over a year ago because it just can't handle the newest stuff, let alone stream my local HD media without requiring a reduced bitrate. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
xackley
Level 7

Yep this deserves a bump every day until roku responds.
It happens on my roku lt, it does not happen on my newer roku.

Don
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

"xackley" wrote:

Don

Your LT doesn't even support 1080. The hardware seems equivalent to my 2 XS, which I stopped using over a year ago because of poor performance. As the channel developers create new and better channels, and Roku develops firmware with more and better functionality, those older boxes are just going to lose support. Apple stops supporting their older iPhones and iPads far faster than Roku has with their hardware. My old 3GS doesn't support anything newer than iOS 6.1.6, and they are now on version 11.3. With technology, you can't expect support forever. There are two versions of the LT, model 2400 & 2450. One was introduced Nov 2011 and the other 5 months later. Face it, it's reached end of life. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
xackley
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"xackley" wrote:

Don

Your LT doesn't even support 1080. The hardware seems equivalent to my 2 XS, which I stopped using over a year ago because of poor performance. As the channel developers create new and better channels, and Roku develops firmware with more and better functionality, those older boxes are just going to lose support. Apple stops supporting their older iPhones and iPads far faster than Roku has with their hardware. My old 3GS doesn't support anything newer than iOS 6.1.6, and they are now on version 11.3. With technology, you can't expect support forever. There are two versions of the LT, model 2400 & 2450. One was introduced Nov 2011 and the other 5 months later. Face it, it's reached end of life. 

You missed the point. Something roku wrote into their software made the pictures to quit functioning after the unit has been on a few days. What ever there "enhancement" was, needs to be rolled back.
And for many 720p and slow if okay, as long as the box servers it,s purpose of streaming which it does just fine. Not supporting is different than fixing a bad update.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sajohns32
Level 7

Same problem with my 65" Roku TV.  I rest  Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset>Reset connection.

After reset procedure above I had to re enter my network password

Seems to have worked for now.

Highlighted
Bt13
Level 7

Funny how you say to stop posting about it because its temporary... You said that friggen 2 years ago and it's still happening! You still think it's a temporary problem? I dont think so smart guy.