Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lmharrison83
Level 7

No show pictures in apps

Hi there. A couple of days ago I noticed that some of the apps (i.e. Hulu, Disney Jr.) aren't showing any pictures in them. Like where the shows are listed, the wording is there and you can click to watch and see the show fine, but you can't see the pictures on the thumbnails. This is only on our older Roku box, as our TCL Roku TV is working fine. Anyone have this issue and/or a fix?
20 Replies
scmrak
Level 7

Re: No show pictures in apps

Same problem, mainly with Amazon and sometimes with Netflix. On Amazon, I can see the text descriptions, on Netflix I got nuthin'

Happens on my Roku 2; not on my Roku streaming stick.
0 Kudos
lnpacker
Level 7

We are having this issue as well with our Roku2. The home screen has pictures of the apps, but once we have clicked on an application (for instance Hulu) we cannot see picture images. This is incredibly frustrating as without the picture images you don't know what show you are clicking on until it has started... 

What is Roku doing to resolve this issue? Any ideas on how to fix? I've checked for a software update, there is not one at this time. 
TRR
Level 8

Has been happening occasionally on my Roku 1 for the last week or two. Probably due to some recent update.

My fix has been to reboot the Roku. That gets it working fine again, until it suddenly is not.

I thought I had it narrowed down to it occurring after I had played Pandora for a while. But not positive that's connected to it.
0 Kudos
TRR
Level 8

Just happened again on my Roku 1 (2710X) with FW 7.7.0 build 4135-06. This time I was on the Netflix channel where I had just finished watching a program. All thumbnails were displayed normally. Left it alone for about 10-15 minutes and the clock screensaver kicked in. Came back and pressed a button to dismiss the clock and now all of the thumbnails are grey boxes. No Pandora involved this time.

A reboot of the Roku restored thumbnails to normal again.
cschaeff
Level 7

I started having this problem too, about 2-3 weeks ago. 

Using (2) Roku 2’s  2720X  version 7.70  build 4135-06

This happens on ALL channels I checked - Netflix, CRTV, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon. This seems to point to a software error on a recent release.

When this happens, first the actual thumbnails disappear to be replaced by an icon of 8 circles arranged in a circle, the quickly the are replaced by an icon that suggests a TV set with two “legs” sticking off the bottom of the screen, at an outward angle. 

Removing and re-adding a channel does not solve the problem. Performing SYSTEM > SYSTEM > SYSTEM RESTART > RESTART. fixes this. 

Reading the thread of this posting seems like there are several others with the same problem. Come on, ROKU.  TIME FOR AN OFFICIAL RECOGNITION OF THIS BUG. 

C.S.
0 Kudos
DesertTv
Level 7

Same issue here on my Roku 2.

Please help, it's getting very annoying!
0 Kudos
Lemmie0269
Level 7

I've been having the same issue with my Roku 2 and Version 7.70.

Looking at the advice to restart system I just went in and looked at, 'System update'.  It tells you that it checks for new versions daily, and it does seem to check.  It shows last checked as 1.30am last night or similar.  It showed last update as 25th August. 

BUT there's a, 'Check now' button which I clicked and it showed an update available which I did - Software Version 8.0.0 Build 4128

Problem resolved for now...

SYSTEM > SYSTEM > SYSTEM UPDATE > CHECK NOW

Good luck
0 Kudos
markhood
Level 7

Might as well pile on... I also have a Roku 2 (2720X) and the Netflix thumbnails disappear quite often.  Only fix seems to be to reboot the Roku, but that's not acceptable.
0 Kudos
qbandmuffy
Level 7

Manually doing the system update worked and fixed the problem!!!!!!!! Thank you !!!!!  Sorry I forgot to make note of the user's name who posted this fix but thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy  

To mention again:
the path is 

HOME > SETTINGS>SYSTEM>SYSTEM UPDATE>CHECK NOW

It says it CHECKS for updates daily ...but that's not the same as INSTALLING them daily if need be. My last update was also in August. Now it is today. YAY!
0 Kudos