Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthernEagle
Level 7

No search with the letter "m"

Jump to solution

Whenever I attempt to search for a program beginning with the letter "m", I receive a Service Unavailable message right after choosing the letter, and if I try to continue entering more letters after the letter m the message reoccurs. However, this does not happen with any other letter of the alphabet, I have tested it several times. I am using the App Version 1.1.42

Any help appreciated, I'm wanting to watch Midsomer Murders

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No search with the letter "m"

Jump to solution

Meanwhile, there are several places on the net where you can look up which providers carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

What Roku model #, firmware version? (Settings/System/About)

What app?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@SouthernEagle wrote:

Whenever I attempt to search for a program beginning with the letter "m", I receive a Service Unavailable message right after choosing the letter, and if I try to continue entering more letters after the letter m the message reoccurs. However, this does not happen with any other letter of the alphabet, I have tested it several times. I am using the App Version 1.1.42

Any help appreciated, I'm wanting to watch Midsomer Murders

Well, that's a unique problem, all right.

Have you tried doing a system restart?  These things are just special purpose computers, and just like their big brothers, sometimes operational problems cans be solved by a system restart.

From the Roku home screen use menu path Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV the menu path is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)

If the problem you're having doesn't let you control the Roku via the remote, you can restart by pulling the power plug for 30 seconds or so then plugging back in.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Meanwhile, there are several places on the net where you can look up which providers carry a particular channel of interest. Here are a couple such pages:
https://thestreamable.com/channels
https://www.groundedreason.com/cord-cutting/tv-streaming/how-to-stream-by-channel/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SouthernEagle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding. I'm using an app downloaded to my Samsung TV

0 Kudos
SouthernEagle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I'm using the Roku App downloaded to my Samsung TV. I even tried it on another TV and still get the same error.

0 Kudos
SouthernEagle
Level 7

Jump to solution

I gave up on the Roku App. Amazon Prime video allows me to watch the series!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@SouthernEagle wrote:

Thank you for responding. I'm using an app downloaded to my Samsung TV

So this is about a problem withThe Roku Channel app on a Samsung television?  Everyone has been trying to help you with a problem with a Roku device.

My Samsung doesn't even have this app available, I guess it's probably too old.  Have you tried removing this app from the TV, unplugging the tv for a minute or so, then reinstalling the app?

But if you have the same problem on a second Samsung tv, it sounds like it may be a problem with the app programming itself.  For Samsung tv apps I don't know if the responsibility falls to Samsung or, in this case, to Roku.

On the other hand, if this is a search performed, not specifically in The Roku Channel app, but overall in the Samsung tv, then this would be a Samsung problem.

0 Kudos