Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

No search function available on menu/Unable to locate channels

I received a Roku streaming stick + HD/4k/HDR for Christmas.  I set up my account and everything, but I have no search function showing on my home screen.  I have been scrolling through all of the streaming channels and I could not find Amazon Prime.  I tried adding the channel online on my Roku account, but the button to add it is disabled.  Is Roku no longer supporting Amazon Prime?  I have also not been able to find Disney +.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No search function available on menu/Unable to locate channels

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Where are you currently located?

It's possibly you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If a channel isn't appearing or if the Search function is unavailabe, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am located in Salt Lake City.  I set up my Roku account while my VPN is active. Would that be a factor?  I can't figure out how to create and link a new Roku account to my device.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

You need to do a factory reset of the stick+, with it powered up, press the reset button on the stick itself, after it reboots you're going to need to re-pair your remote again, so when the roku is bouncing start pressing the pairing button in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing, release the button, and then depress it again until you get confirmation its paired. Now set up a new account.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

As per the Community Guidelines: Discussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NIck3
Level 7

Hey, like Danny I am having same issue. No search function, channels not appearing (Disney plus), tried adding from online account - button disabled. 

I am not using a VPN and my ISP is saying Sydney Australia located which is where I am. I was led to believe I have access to this channel in Australia. Was I informed wrong?

i have reset factory settings and updated software again. I have re- paired the remote. Still no avail...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NIck3 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Pleas be aware that Disney+ is currently only available in the US and Canada.

If you have additional questions regarding channel availability, please contact Disney+ support directly here: https://help.disneyplus.com/ or by phone here: 888-905-7888.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lawrence81
Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to search for a channel but there doesn't seem to be a search function available. There's over 800 channels in the list of Movies & TV. How can I find the channel without having to scroll through all 800+ channels?

I am based in Singapore.

Thanks

0 Kudos