Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer highlighting the channel icons

So now when I select a channel, the icon is no longer highlighted. It is not intuitive to see which selection one has made. Having to move out of the icon field to a small bit of text is poor user interface design. Can you please change back??

39 REPLIES 39
Tallblkfun

Re: No longer highlighting the channel icons

I'm also now having the same issue in one of my Roku Tv that only barely just got delivered a week ago

0 Kudos

Stupidest decision ever made

Uwchelsita

This is driving me nuts!!! Can you can ge it in settings anywhere?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Uwchelsita

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.
Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
susankingbrown
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. When I turn on my tv, all the channels (apps) are lined up.  Each channel is a box. The boxes use to highlight when I scrolled through each one. Example: when I was scrolling through, let’s say I  got to netlix (this is before you click ok to access the channel) it would be highlighted so I would know I was on that channel/app.  Now I can’t tell which channel I am on.  It does this weird thing now where it has txt on the top left telling what channel you are on but the actual channel/app does not show up highlight . I hope this is enough detail.  

susankingbrown
Reel Rookie

Also, when I say highlight I am referring to the white box that is around the channel/app when you scroll through the channels. This is only happening on my roku tv and not my roku express devices. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try to "Restart" your TV from the Power settings menu or just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
teecee69

I changed my theme.  Then went back to roku theme and it began highlighting icon again.  Kinda like a reset.

Sue8
Reel Rookie

Same problem with mine. So aggravating