Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franklyspeaking
Level 7

No longer getting YouTubeTV/YouTube

I have six ROKUs that I bought because I could watch YouTubeTV on them.  I know there have been some conflicts between Google and ROKU but I understood that, as long as I had the YouTube apps installed and working, I would be fine.  Now, all but one will no longer support the YouTube app.  Trying to talk to a customer service rep for ROKU is impossible.    I am close to cancelling my ROKU accounts and buying all new Amazon Fire sticks or another streaming device. This is a company that obviously cars little about their loyal customers but, unless I hear from someone within the next day or so for assistance, I'm done forever with this company.  I had problems with DirectTv and dumped them forever.

5 REPLIES 5\
Siciliano57
Level 9

Re: No longer getting YouTubeTV/YouTube

After 2 hours of trying to fix and search the issue, I found out that YouTube TV is no longer a standalone channel.

You should still have access the YouTube channel.  Open it and when on the main page scroll down to the bottom left of the page and you should see YouTubeTV.  Tap on it to get the channel.

I had an issue with YouTube TV opening in the Roku menu.  It kept going back to the Roku menu.  After restarting Roku, changing theme (suggested by Roku), checking for updates, unplugging my Roku devices and plugging back in and nothing working, I removed the YTTV channel.  That’s when I found the channel was no longer available and my 2 hours of forum searching began.

Despite any negotiations between Roku and Google,  Roku needs to be more customer service oriented and inform it’s customers of these type of changes, even if they may be temporary.

I’m hoping for a positive outcome with the negotiations as there are mire steps to open YouTubeTV.

I ordered 2 new Roku devices, but considering returning them due to poor customer service.

Both Roku and YouTubeTV and other such companies/channels need to implement 800 phone numbers to ask questions.

Not everyone uses forums and it’s like a needle in a haystack to find similar issues.

0 Kudos
zman777
Level 7

You tube and You Tube TV not working

I have a Roku stick (express) In use since 2017. Yesterday both my You tube and You Tube TV (Paid) stopped working. When I select the app it goes back to home screen. I can select any other app on my home screen like Sling, HG TV GO, Pluto, Roku, CCTV etc no issues they start up and I can watch the shows.

But You tube will not open. Tried all the suggestions of, restarting, reinstalling etc no results. Updates says 'You are upto date"

Another issue with internet. I have Fios regular and Fios 5G. But my Fios 5 G is not an option in Roku. I cannot see it, only shows the regular Fios on the screen

I can beam Youtube through my IPad to my TV no problem. You tube works on my Ipad.

Any work around.

Thanks

Zman

0 Kudos
BibiJoyce
Level 7

Resolved You Tube not loading

I was able to resolve my issue on my older Roku 3700.

Remove You Tube channel

On Roku Home PageSmiley Frustratedettings/System Restart (not update).

After system has restarted, add You Tube channel 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: You tube and You Tube TV not working

Hey @zman777

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you check right now if there's an update available to your Roku device? If there's still none, try removing the regular YouTube app then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Meanwhile, this thread is regarding the YouTube channel issue. If you need further assistance with your internet concern, please create a separate thread. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: You tube and You Tube TV not working

@zman777-

Roku Express/Express+ (prior to the new Express 4K) and Premiere/Premiere+ are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, let alone connect to it.

Editing to add:

Roku Express models are not referred to as "sticks".  Roku Streaming Sticks have a male HDMI connector at one end that can plug directly into a female HDMI jack on the tv and look like this:

Roku Streaming Stick+Roku Streaming Stick+All other Roku devices have a female HDMI jack and require a normal male-to-male HDMI cable to connect to the tv.  To avoid confusion, it is best not to refer to these other devices, the majority of the product line, as sticks.

All Roku Streaming Stick models, back to the first one released in 2011, are dual band and can see and use both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi bands.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos