Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rckinrobin
Level 8

No longer compatible with xfinity cable?

Hello All,

Roku TCL TV model 49S405S

Today I turn on my Xfinity Streaming App and BAM........it's no longer compatible with Xfinity. I've had the app for about 3-4 years.  It wants me to 'active' the app.  This normally happens the first time you download/access the app. It continued to tell me my 'activation' was a success but never logs me in to watch. I was on the phone with Xfinity for a long time troubleshooting.  They are now sending me a wireless box for the app at $5 a month for a minor increase in my monthly charge.  The last thing I wanted to do was give the cable company MORE MONEY.

My 6-year old dumb TV connected to a Roku 2 is fine. Go figure. Anyone else have this issue?

Robin

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
Sam97
Level 7

Re: No longer compatible with xfinity cable?

I’m having the same issue I have a roku tv, and xfinity is telling me to purchase a roku player!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rckinrobin 

I have used the Xfinity app in the past, and it worked. Sometimes, a glitch will cause it to misbehave, and it will resolve itself. Other times, you will have to:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

If you go that route, do all three steps, in that order. Don't do them out of order. The order is important.

@Sam97 

That won't matter. A Roku player won't run the app any better than a Roku TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sam97
Level 7

Ok I will try those steps on that order, although I’ve done all of those things thanks

0 Kudos
Sam97
Level 7

It actually worked!!!! Thank you 😊 

0 Kudos
Rckinrobin
Level 8

I have done all those steps but not in that order.  Will try again. 

0 Kudos
Rckinrobin
Level 8

I tried to:

Uninstall the Xfinity app

Shut off the TV

Reboot the TV

Re-install the app

Did not work. I'm now waiting for the box from Xfinity to run my local channels.  I've had a lot of trouble with this TV starting back a few years. I will not buy a Roku TV again.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rckinrobin wrote:

I tried to:

Uninstall the Xfinity app

Shut off the TV

Reboot the TV

Re-install the app

Did not work. I'm now waiting for the box from Xfinity to run my local channels.  I've had a lot of trouble with this TV starting back a few years. I will not buy a Roku TV again.

If you shut the TV off, how did you reboot it? To reboot a Roku TV, you do the following: 

Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

You can't do that with the TV off.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rckinrobin
Level 8

It worked!  Holy **bleep**.......once I get the cable box it's going back!

The app was already removed so I did exactly what you said:

Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart

I had to configure the wifi again, install the app, access Xfinity, get the code, get yet ANOTHER  code...........snore..........and it finally activated the app.  Hallelujah. I hope I don't need to deal with this **bleep** again.  No more Roku TV for me after this.  Thanks, R

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Level 11

No, issues to report here with the Xfinity Stream channel. Xfinity Stream opened without any issues or errors.

0 Kudos