Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No connection to subscription channels

For 2 days I cannot get into Hulu, Disney, or Netflix. All free channels are working fine. I’ve done all the troubleshooting, several times. All 3 channels are giving a connection/no internet error codes. Roku shows an excellent connection. How can I fix this? A few days leading up to this, all 3 channels would buffer a lot. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No connection to subscription channels

@jessc24h  Thanks for the note. It sounds like a couple things may be happening here. 

- Do you have any network filtering or security measures enabled on your network? If so, these can prevent certain services from connecting beyond your local network to reach the internet. You'll need to disable these or work to change their settings to allow connections from these sources in order to restore streaming functionality. 

We'd recommend connecting your device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, and see if you still encounter the same issue. 

- The use of VPNs or other network location altering software or settings can prevent proper playback from occurring, and are not supported for use with your Roku device. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nothing on my network has changed. I’ve been in touch with my internet provider. This connection problem happened overnight. I had buffering issues with Disney after the free trial period. I already exhausted that avenue. Hulu was also giving me buffering issues but I never had a problem with Netflix. These are the only 3 channels I subscribe to and they are the only ones I cannot access. Everything indicates a problem with Roku. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@jessc24h  If you are only experiencing issues with a select few channels, and other channels are still streaming normally, it would not likely be an issue with your device. This would indicate that something in your network is preventing a connection or causing an issue. 

Did you test trying to connect your device to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot? Are you able to get connected that way? 

The only additional troubleshooting we can recommend on your device would be: 

- You can try performing a network settings reset in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Network connection reset, then connecting to your existing network once more. 

- As a last option, you could try performing a full factory reset on your device which will clear all data, channels, and login information and allow you to set it up again from the start. 

I would recommend following up with your ISP once more, and requesting that they investigate your router, review the connection being made by your Roku device and look at the network requests that are sent each time you try to stream. They may need to change security settings, parental controls, or reset your router/network in order to help resolve these types of connection issues with certain sources. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos