Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisman183
Level 8

No channels working on my roku 2

I have a #roku2. I had it unplugged for a month. I went to use it today and every time I try to open ANY channel it attempts to load, doesn’t get off 0% and then moments later tells me to check my network connection. Checked the connection multiple times. Have restarted the roku. Have restarted the router. Have deleted and added channel. Still doing the same thing. Is my roku dead? I feel like there’s nothing else to try.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: No channels working on my roku 2

Your post says Roku 2, but your model signature says Roku 1.

You need to provide your model # and firmware version:  Settings/System/About

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku: Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

4) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

5) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

6) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

8) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

9) Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute.

Chrisman183
Level 8

Thanks. I have tried a lot of those but not the backgrounds or resetting after deleting channels. 
it is a roku 2 but for some reason that wasn’t an option to “tag”. I’ll look at model info when I’m home. Thanks for the YouTube heads up!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Chrisman183 

Specifically 3 & 4 work most often for older models (like the Roku 1/2).

You need to go through the list.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Chrisman183 

Keep in mind that the Roku 2 model 2720 and the Roku 2 model 4210 are very different devices. That's why the model number is very important. Settings > System > About 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chrisman183
Level 8

It is model 2720x

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Chrisman183 

Again, try options 3 & 4.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Chrisman183 

Since it's a model 2720 Roku 2, from 2013 (discontinued early 2015), it may be that the device is dead insofar as network is concerned.

I'm also assuming you tried the Theme and Screensaver suggestions that @StreamerUser suggested, as those older devices are susceptible to issues with newer, more device intensive apps.

You've restarted the device. A Factory Reset would the the next and final step -- it's always last resort -- but if that doesn't work, you may need to replace the device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Chrisman183
Level 8

you are probably right.  I always had the roku theme and tried to download a new one even that didn't work.  the clock screensaver never would load either.  I'll try factory reset but then I'm looking at getting a new one.  thanks!

0 Kudos