Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No channels work

Jump to solution

All started with the update to 9.3. Had to continually restart update as it would only jump 1 or 2 percent. After update, was hit with disney + license issues and nothing would play. Other channels like Sling would work fine. Followed everything I could find to fix it. Ended up doing a factory reset which ended in every chanel failing to install. Yes I did updates and resets and un linking and power cycling. Nothing installs. Tried adding from both roku.com and the app. The few channels that do show up immediately return to home screen when clicked on. Ran every solution on here multiple times with same results. Bought the roku in the US, use it here in NY, wireless connection and internet are excellent and do not have a VPN. This only happens on my roku premier. No issues at all with my express. Have power cycled the router and modem as well. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: No channels work

Jump to solution

Disregard. 100% Router issue. Reconnected the old router and was able to reinstall everything. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TheHappyFatGuy 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking your internet connection by following the steps on our Support page here: How do I check the connection to my home network and the internet?

If you are connect to your wireless network and still unable to add channels, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

No Roku Channels are working.  The Home screen comes up, but selecting a channel results in nothing but a blank, black screen.  Once aqgain, however, Danny has nothing to suggest but an Internet connection problem.  This, even though he was specifically told by Roku tech support back when there was an issue with Roku not accepting correct passwords, that the Interent connection was NOT the problem, and told him to stop giving the advice that the prolbem was everyone's Internet, not Roku.  Now we have a new Roku problem, and once again Danny has fallen back on the "The problem is with everyone's Internet, there is no problem with Roku."  Time for a new, competent Forum Moderator who listens to tech support instead of dodging the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Disregard. 100% Router issue. Reconnected the old router and was able to reinstall everything. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TheHappyFatGuy 

Thanks for the update!

Happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue and are back up and running.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos