Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No captions on Canadian Global TV stream

There are no captions or subtitles on the Canadian Global TV Roku channel.

No response from Global TV.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No captions on Canadian Global TV stream

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please give me the courtesy of a reply as the Global TV folks have not done so and neither of you have given any explanation or remedy. This reflects poorly on Roku and Global TV as captions are vital for the hearing impaired and should not be treated as an option.

Highlighted

I am also experiencing this problem and while Global TV did respond to my email, they stated that Closed Captions were available and explained how to turn them on. However, I already had the settings for CC turned on and they just don't actually show up on the screen. I have tried multiple brands of TV's but nothing is fixing the problem and Roku and Global seem to be blaming each other for the issue. Very frustrating!