Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fyaeger
Level 7

No captions for old seasons of Blue Bloods on CBS All Access

I have a Sharp Roku TV. I have always on for cc set.  When I watch season 10 episodes of Blue Bloods on CBS All Access, it has the captions. When I watch earlier season episodes of Blue Bloods on CBS All Access (e.g. S7 E7), it doesn’t have the captions. If I watch the same earlier episode on Hulu, it does have the captions. I’ve tried restarting the TV, removing and re-adding CBS All Access, etc. But nothing helps. I also don’t get the captions for other old CBS All Access shows like CSI and CSI Miami. I do get the captions for new CBS All Access shows like Startrek Discovery. Without the captions, I miss a lot of the dialogue, so I really need them. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nonuklid
Level 7

Re: No captions for old seasons of Blue Bloods on CBS All Access

I have the same problem 😕  - frustrating - anyone know of a solution

I have CBS All Access and 2 newish ROKUs, one on a SONY, the other on SAMSUNG - problem identical on both sets

0 Kudos
Fyaeger
Level 7

Re: No captions for old seasons of Blue Bloods on CBS All Access

Well, I got around the problem by buying an Amazon Firestick Lite to add to my Roku TV. Oddly enough, when I watch CBS All Access with the firestick, it has all the captions on the old shows. I originally bought the firestick lite (it was under $20) to get HBO Max, but now that Roku has HBO Max, I only use the firestick to get around the Roku captioning problem. Annoying, but workable.

0 Kudos