Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kohudson
Level 7

No captioning with ultra device on Britbox

Jump to solution

I have been using a Roku Express for quite awhile with multiple streaming services.  This afternoon I installed a new Ultra device.  Streaming seems to work fine on YouTubeTV, Netflix and Amazon all with captioning.  However, I can't get any captioning on BritBox.  Captioning worked fine with the Roku Express but it doesn't work at all with Roku Ultra.  I press the down arrow, highlight CC select "On" and nothing happens.  Suggestion?

Thanks, Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No captioning with ultra device on Britbox

Jump to solution

@kohudson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Britbox support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043087594-How-do-I-contact-customer-support-

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kohudson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Britbox support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043087594-How-do-I-contact-customer-support-

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You might try pressing the * button and see if there's a caption setting there. That's where some channels put it. 

But if you've found the CC control and they aren't displaying, then there's an issue with the channel, and you need to contact the developer as Danny noted. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos