Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

No audio on Weathernation channel

I have a Roku Ultra with the latest firmware.

When I start the Weathernation channel there is no audio. If I go to the specific recorded forecast (Eastern forecast) then I have audio. I have already removed WN and re-installed.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No audio on Weathernation channel

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

If removing the channel, restarting your device, and adding the channel back does not resolve your issue, we would recommend reaching out to Weathernation directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks Danny!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

WeatherNation has an audio setting on it's channel under * settings.  Try checking there to make sure audio is on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Kip, thanks! Actually a few weeks ago I went into the WN settings and found an audio setting that fixed my problem.

I have had WN on my Roku devices for over 5 years and never had a problem. In the past I never had to fiddle with the WN settings and so did not think to do so. Obviously in one of WN's updates they added to their settings and the default audio settings didn't work on my Roku. All is well now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

There is NO audio setting in the *Settings menu on my Weathernation app. Only preferred unit system and home/favorite. I've removed the channel, restarted my roku then added back the channel. Nothing. Stuck. I like this channel and it always had audio until recently. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Karnac, I just went to WN to find that setting and I can't find it either. I KNOW I found it when I fixed it months ago. If I were you I'd remove the WN channel, re-boot the Roku and then add the WN back. Then look for audio settings. I don't know where I saw those settings before but I did find it at one time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I also have no audio on Weathernation on the Roku connected to my living room home theater setup, but I have found what I believe is both the cause and the workaround:  in my Audio settings, when my Audio Mode is default set to Auto (Dolby, DTS) - due to my home theater - there is no audio from the app. But when I change the Audio mode to Stereo, the sound on Weathernation returns. All my other Roku devices are connected directly to the TV, with no home theater setup; their default setting for Audio Mode is Stereo, so I have always received sound on those devices. It is only the one connected to the home theater - the one whose default setting is Auto (Dolby, DTS) that doesn't produce sound unless I switch the settings to Stereo. Clearly, there is some coding issue affecting the sound when Audio Mode is set to Dolby.

I realize that changing the Audio Mode to Stereo is problematic in a home theater setup (where the goal is maximum audio quality when watching movies, etc) but it does resolve the 'no audio' issue.

0 Kudos