Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

No audio on News 12 app

My News 12 app just updated a couple of days ago and now there is no audio. All the other apps work fine... just this one is giving me no audio. Anybody ever encounter a similar issue with only a certain app not having audio? By the way... this is happening on all my roku devices.
52 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: No audio on News 12 app

I have the same issue. Searching for a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I don't use that app but I do lose audio in certain youtube videos. I found that if I turn on night or level audio that the sound comes back although out of sync. Try that just to see if it works. While watching press the asterisk button and then change the audio.

4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I tried a couple of things last night but nothing seemed to work.  I toggled between the night and level audio settings, adjusted the audio output formats and so on but nothing seemed to work.  I deleted the app, power cycled the roku and reinstalled and same issue.  I did notice that it is only the audio from the live news stream that is missing.  If I run any of the news recap videos from the app they have audio.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue. No audio on main stream. All others seem to work
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue, no volume on live feed for News 12 app. I uninstalled app, cycled down Roku, reinstalled app still no volume. Anyone have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue and tried everything, already stated, multiple times but still no audio on live streaming.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Has anyone affected actually contacted News 12 about their app and the audio issue? It doesn't appear to be a Roku problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

It's definitely a Roku issue, I have another tv set up with a Firestick and the updated News 12 app works just fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@Sol76 wrote:
It's definitely a Roku issue, I have another tv set up with a Firestick and the updated News 12 app works just fine.

Yes, it's an app built for Roku, but much more often than not, apps are created by the companies that want to have a presence on Roku (or any other streaming box), not Roku, itself.  If someone at News 12 - or whoever they use to build apps - wrote some bad code that affects this app's audio channel, then it makes sense to let News 12 know you're experiencing the issue, no?

If nothing else, at least News 12 could then interface with Roku developer support if they think their code is good. I just don't think that posting here, alone, is going to get this fixed.  

0 Kudos