Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateGr
Level 7

No activation option for CBS app

Jump to solution

I'm trying to activate the CBS app (not CBS All Access) on my Roku and I get as far as entering the activation code from my tv screen to the cbs.com/tv/roku website as instructed.

However, instead of an option to “Activate” I get “Select your TV provider” and a drop down box called “More Providers” – but there are no providers to choose from on this screen and no way to advance.

I have tried rebooting my modem and the Roku but same results. I have activated ABC and NBC with no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No activation option for CBS app

Jump to solution

Hi @kwellis

Thanks for the post!

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication since it is handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to CBS support directly to report the issue and for further help. They are the best ones to help with your channel authentication problem.

You can contact the CBS Help Center here.

All the best,
Kariza

Related Community topics that you might find helpful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
kwellis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Tried activating in via cbs.com and tried activating thru Roku.  Neither work.  Guess we're just not supposed to watch CBS.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @kwellis

Thanks for the post!

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication since it is handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to CBS support directly to report the issue and for further help. They are the best ones to help with your channel authentication problem.

You can contact the CBS Help Center here.

All the best,
Kariza

Related Community topics that you might find helpful:

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lindam1907
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried signing in with my tv provider it it will not let me with the activation code. Help?

0 Kudos
lindam1907
Level 7

Jump to solution

I even tried to rest my password but have not received a response to my email.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lindam1907

As stated previously in this thread, for more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FreakinJeepin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Maybe ROKU needs to get some accountability and remove apps that block or try to force paid subscribers to upgrade to higher tier products from providers. No backbone, no accountability, no service just like CBS on ROKU. 

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same for me, except when I scroll down providers, box is so small I hit wrong one have to start over and time out!!!##*****

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm sorry. I just wanted to be clear about who I was responding to. It's the one about the "more providers" box. Oh yes, it's there.!!! That's what I was trying to say--Very SMALL. And if you don't elongate your screen, you can't do it.

0 Kudos