Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHV
Level 7

No Sound using my homerun device Connect HDHR4-2US on my Roku Ultra LT

My Roku Device has sound on Netflix, You Tube and Amazon Prime No Problem

1.  direct wired Connected directly to my TV Sharp Aquos 70LE733U.  Homerun give me great picture and 

closed captions but NO SOUND

Roku Audio is set to HDMI auto

Roku Mode auto

Tried changing the setting and can't get the Homerun to play sound

Funny its getting closed Captions but No Sound

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Sound using my homerun device Connect HDHR4-2US on my Roku Ultra LT

I had to look up what a HDHR4-2US was. From what I can find, there's no channel for that device for Roku devices. Exactly how are you attempting to access your media? It seems that your HDHomeRun will appear as a DLNA device, so apparently Roku Media Player can see it. 

So, assuming you are using RMP as your player, there should be no problem streaming the available content from the HDHomeRun. The video should be MPEG-2, and the audio AC-3, both of which your Ultra supports. Since I'm not familiar with the HDHomeRun, I can't offer any suggestions about settings within the device itself. While the stream is playing in RMP, you might try pressing the * button and see if there's a different audio track available that will provide sound. 

You might see if your TV has DLNA support, in which case it should see the device itself and be able to play from it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

If every other app has sound, then you should try uninstalling the HDHomeRun app, REBOOTING, reinstalling the HDHomeRun app.

Also:

http://info.hdhomerun.com/info/roku

Live TV and DVR viewing-only notice

• The HDHomeRun PRIME is not supported.
  • DVR playback is available on Roku devices. However, DVR scheduling and recording must be done on another device, such as an iOS mobile device, Android device, or PC.
  • To hear audio, you need a TV, AV receiver, or soundbar that can decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI. Most modern TVs can do this, though we’ve noticed a few Samsung TVs cannot. All Roku televisions should be able to play audio without any trouble.
  • Support is limited to those Roku devices that have been updated to support MPEG-2 with Firmware version 9.0 or above.

(emphasis mine)

Otherwise, you need to contact SiliconDust for support.

0 Kudos
smann004
Level 7

I had the same issue with my Roku 4400X Roku software 10.0.0 . build 4208-17  and HD Homerun  HDHR4-2US  using the HD channel on Roku. I have a Samsung tv from about 2018.

What solved the issue for me was un-installing and re-installing the channel and also changing the Roku Audio settings : HDMI and S/PDIF to Auto detect and Audio mode to Auto DD+.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos